cannot complete installation

ben morris

Honorable
May 7, 2013
hi all

i have all the below symptoms and its driving me NUTS !

any idiot freindly advice would be so great - i am not a big tech head but a simple soulution to this merrygo round !

thnaks in advance
ben

23 October 2011 21:22:01
Nebulous86 - Your not alone on this issue. I have an Acer Aspire 0ne netbook and it is doing the same thing. There are no recovery discs that can be used, since there is no CD drive. I have tried all the options in F8, to no avail, F2- to no avail, F12- to no avail, F5, tab options "windows Memory test", to no avail. It just loops back around to the same "setup is starting services" then I get a screen that states "Windows could not complete installation. To install Windows on this computer, restart the installation" and that is as far as I can get. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. Th'X
Report abuse
RetiredChief WINDOWS 7 EXPERT 23 October 2011 22:15:45
^ @ both, Have you looked at the manuf websit, do they have a support forum. Do they have a support web chat, if so try that first.

2nd. You really should open a new tread when seek help, you will normally get more reponses.
This is a hard one, not sure if best place is software, windows 7 (or XP as early net books had XP), or under laptops (no netbook catagory)
Report abuse
edimonte 20 August 2012 04:00:28
Hi. How did you restore this? Just had the same thing happen....

Nebulous86 said:
I have a very similar problem. I have an Aspireone D255E net-book. I have had it for several months and it has worked properly for the majority of that time. I have received lag on system operations recently, and I decided it would be easiest to to a restore to factory default, and I wanted to keep everything in my User folder. So I ran the option that does this task, and it ran until it rebooted and then said "Setup is starting services." and then gave me an error saying that "This software cannot be installed on this hardware." It gave me the option to reboot. If I do nothing, it will just keep doing this same thing in a loop. If I press F8, safe mode does not run, and neither do any of the other options on the F8 boot menu. Also, the "Restore to factory default" option isn't there, because the system believe it is still in the installation process. I never changed any hardware on this system. I have used the factory restore option on my Aspireone D255 and it worked fine, numerously. I don't have a flash drive. (If I must, I will acquire one, yet I have no idea how to boot from it. I also can acquire an external hard drive that is 1 TB, yet I don't know how to boot from that.) I also don't have an external dvd or cdrom drive. If I could get to Dos maybe and delete the windows folder somehow maybe it would give me the option to retry the restore to factory default? I have a headache, and would appreciate any help. Thank you for taking you're time to perhaps help me cure the headache. ...if only punching the thing would

I'll provide a link to a .iso for windows 7 there is a site with all of them and its supppppppper easy to do :) Last weekend I mounted a iso onto my thumb drive and installed on a system with no cd drive.
http://www.pcworld.com/article/248995/how_to_install_windows_7_without_the_disc.html

Then you can use a trial of something like NERO and by doing that you can burn the iso and then have a seutp disc for you :)
http://www.nero.com/enu/promotions/nero12/slp-nero12-sem.php?NeroSID=3a3208c8c53c56d191f50aed6b356742&ecid=ppc.am.usa.n12.go.usa-enu-kw.us_en_brand-alone.QUIS10.R2817

ben morris

Honorable
May 7, 2013
hi
wow that was fast !

i have the windows installer on a 64gb usb stick - what do i need to do next plse ?!

thanks

You may need to enter the bios and select your usb stick to boot but you may also have a boot option on bootup.

Also, hopefully you didnt just move the iso file onto your stick you need to do more then that.

ben morris

Honorable
May 7, 2013
hi

ok - but how do i do that exactly ? is it function 8 key ?..a step by step of how to would be hugely apperciated !

Alex that was my question as well :) If he did and wasn't sure what he was doing use this tool. It will burn the iso onto your through drive much like you would a iso onto a disc :)
http://arstechnica.com/business/2009/12/the-usb-flash-drive/