• I think that it is a good build for the price
  • 0 %
  • It is good, but you could improve for the price
  • 100 %
  • Change the build, you could improve way better for the price
  • 0 %
May 7, 2013 4:25:21 PM

Everything is on Amazon

1.Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO - CPU Cooler with 120mm PWM Fan (RR-212E-20PK-​R2)

2.Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB GDDR5 PCI-Express 3.0 DVI x2/HDMI/Display Port SLI Ready Graphics Card GV-N66TWF2-2GD

3.Intel Core i5-3570K Quad-Core Processor 3.4 GHz 4 Core LGA 1155 - BX80637I53570K

4.WD Blue 1 TB Desktop Hard Drive: 3.5 Inch, 7200 RPM, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64 MB Cache - WD10EZEX

5.Corsair Builder Series CX 500 Watt ATX/EPS 80 PLUS (CX500)

6.Windows 8 System Builder OEM DVD 64-Bit

7.NZXT Technologies SOURCE 220 CA-SO220-01 Matt Steel Mesh Front Mid Tower Case with USB 3.0

8.Lite-On Super AllWrite 24X SATA DVD+/-RW Dual Layer Drive - Bulk - IHAS124-04 (Black)

9.ASUS(PCE-N15) maximum performance Wireless-N Network Adapter ( 300Mbps Transmit / 300Mbps Receive) with PCI-E interface, Include Full Height and Low Profile bracket, WPS button Support

10.Corsair Vengeance 8 GB ( 2 x 4 GB ) DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 12800) 240-Pin DDR3 Memory Kit for Core i3, i5, i7 and Platforms SDRAM CMZ8GX3M2A1600​C9

11.MSI LGA1155/Intel B75/DDR3/SATA3 USB 3.0/A&GbE/Micr​oATX Motherboard B75MA-P45

More about : parts add replace remove

May 7, 2013 5:57:46 PM

just built my first pc so ill only pitch in a few items that i would have done differently with my current knowledge:
the cpu fan u have listed
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO - CPU Cooler with 120mm PWM Fan
i originally bought this for my build and had an issue with the massive size of it fitting in my case. the problem was the 200 mm fan in the side panel would not allow me to re-install the door. i realize my case might be out of the ordinary but dimensions of components for the case became a huge factor after that.
the only other thing i would mention with my limited experience is the power supply. corsair is phenominal but if you intend to add any future components i would consider a larger unit. after finding out my 550 watt logisys only put out 400w rms i opted for the corsair tx650 to make certain i had more than enough power for current components and future upgrades.

good luck
ricky
May 8, 2013 3:53:45 PM

Thank you for your response Ricky, I will take it into consideration. But since you have some experience, which is much more than me, was it hard to assemble you computer? And how well do you think the build would fare playing Bioshock Infinite, CS:GO, Borderlands 2, Black Ops 2, Far Cry 3, etc
May 8, 2013 5:59:27 PM

to tell you the truth i dont have any experience in the games you have mentioned. i will say your vid card is the newest series and mine is the previous version with 1 less gb of gddr5. your intel processor, although i cant say from experience, is very high quality and overclockable if that is your desire. your hard drive is larger. and your mobo supports 6gbs speeds. that combination of upgrades to mine alone tells me, with much less exp than the knowledgable folks that frequent here, that you would have an excellent experience in gaming.

i would recommend an anti-static mat and wrist strap for your delicate components. static electricity build-up combined with $$$$$$ pc parts can lead you to loss of hair and much lower wallet benchmarks. these tools are very reasonable considering the safety they provide. take your time, dont sacrifice key components that might not be readily available for something easily attainable and cause bottle-necking and system issues. i hope someone can attest to the components you have listed against the games you desire for your information.

good luck
ricky