Custom Liquid Cooling for new PC build

manpavlova

Honorable
May 7, 2013
I'm looking to liquid cool my next pc build for overclocking when gaming/quiet during audio recording. I want to cool the cpu and gpu now, but would like to expand the system once i get a second gpu (maybe). What components do I need?

Set up:
CPU: 3770k
GPU: gtx 680
RAM: 2x8GB 1600mhz corsair
Mob: Asus P8Z77-V PRO
Case: CM storm trooper
PSU: 1050W OCZ

Thanks in advance!
Any more info needed, just ask.

First place for an intrepid water-cooler to start is the water-cooling sticky. That will give you the info needed to get a general understanding of what your doing and whats involved.
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/277130-29-read-first-watercooling-sticky

From there, pull together a loop that you think will work and post it here for feedback. You'l find the resident water-coolers around here (Including I) wont just give you a parts list like we would a system build.

manpavlova

Honorable
May 7, 2013

No problem, was more looking to see if any preexisting bundles would fit my pc that anyone knew off hand. Just in case anyone knew. I know I'll have to research the seperates anyway, it was just to see if anyone had any cool config resources. Thanks for the link!

There are pre-configured custom water-cooling kits out there, I actually started with an XSPC 750 Raystorm RS360 kit myself.
Most water-cooling retailers stock the more common XSPC and EK kits, with some retailers even offering their own.

alexrepstel

Commendable
Feb 29, 2016
My suggestion is to go a head and buy a factory-made liquid cooling kit as you will be sure that it will operate without any leaks or whatever. That's if you want to play it safe. If you really want though to build your own liquid cooling kit in the way you personally want it, you should go for it. Any experience at computers building would be extremely useful and helpful. Here's a guide I found while browsing around, hope it will help!

http://repholder.com/build-custom-liquid-water-cooled-system/

What's your budget? What case are you going to be using? Since you plan on gaming and need to be quiet for audio recording, your going to need a lot of radiator capacity so you can keep the fans spinning low and have good temps. Cooling a CPU and possibly 2 GPUs is quite a bit of heat to dissipate. What CPU and GPU models are you looking to cool?