Does the Sapphire Radeon 7750 Low Profile Supports Audio

Consequence

Honorable
May 7, 2013
Hello. I purchased this graphics card about 3 weeks ago and the biggest problem I am having is that the Micro HDMI cords I get are not durable and too short (doesnt sit in port). So I decided to use an DVI to HDMI (DVI to graphics card HDMI to TV). I know some graphics card support this feature and will actually carry the audio to the TV. Is there anyway I could check if my graphics card can carry audio to my TV?

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Most regular DVI cables do not carry audio. But if you use a DVI to HDMI adapter like the one that comes with most gfx cards, it will carry the audio thru to your HDMI cable. Audio is available at the card's DVI ports as well as the HDMI ports. Another option is to use a DVI to HDMI cable (DVI on one end and HDMI on the other). I'm using one of them now with my Samsung HDTV and I can use the TV's speakers if switch to them. But I have a 2.1 system I use instead.

Consequence

Honorable
May 7, 2013
Well right now I am using the DVI to HDMI cord the DVI is in the back of my graphics card and the HDMI part is in the TV and I am getting no sound through my TV. Is there a drive I would have to download for it to work or does my graphics card not carry audio via DVI

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

Consequence

Honorable
May 7, 2013
Well when I go to control panel and playback I dont see the option the only thing I get is my headset. The problem with using the mini to HDMI cable is not the length but the mini HDMI part I have to cut down the tip of the wire so it can sit in all the way (like this: http://www.sapphiretechproav.com/wp-content/uploads/Radeon4-Final.png). So when it does go in it bends so easily causing it to break. Thats why I wanted to know if my graphics card carries audio via DVI so I wouldnt have this problem. So idk if its the wire like you stated or the graphics card. The wire I bought is this one: http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-HDMI-Adapter-Cable-Meters/dp/B001TH7T2U/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1368035307&sr=8-2&keywords=DVI+to+HDMI .

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
No option for your HDTV? Do you have the Catalyst Control Center software suite installed with all the drivers? Check the disk that came with the card, or you can get it here: http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/?cid=1&gid=3&sgid=1159&pid=1658&lid=1#
Click on 'downloads', choose your O/S, and hit 'submit'.

Consequence

Honorable
May 7, 2013
Yeah I have no option for my HDTV I do have Catalyst Control Center installed on my computer. And under Audio (in Catalyst Control Center) I still have no option for the HDTV.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
1) You have to have an audio circuit from PC to HDTV for it to recognize the presence of speakers. Do you have the above mentioned, problematic mini HDMI/HDMI cable connected?

2) Did the HDTV speakers ever work with that original mini HDMI/HDMI cable and gfx card?

Consequence

Honorable
May 7, 2013
So in your first question you suggest that I use something like an aux cord and connect it from my PC to my HDTV? I do not have the mini HDMI/HDMI cable connected the only things connected to the back is the main things like keyboard, mouse, headset that's connects via USB, all of which was connected when I was using mini HDMI/HDMI

When I connected the PC through micro HDMI/HDMI to the TV the audio worked perfectly fine.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

That's what I'm getting at. If you don't have a cable that transmits audio from PC to HDTV when you check your Windows/Control pane/Sound, it won't show the TV's speakers. That's why it wasn't there.

I can't be sure your new adapter or cable is audio aware. Best bet is to use a mini HDMI/HDMI cable long enough to reach. There should be no reason you have to cut off part of the connector end to make it fit either the PC or the card.

Consequence

Honorable
May 7, 2013
Ahh that's the last thing I wanted to hear haha, I feel like I'm going to go through so much more wires using the mini HDMI/HDMI but if you think that's best I might as well thank you for your help I appreciate it.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
So much more wires? You mean like you are spending too much for too many unnecessary parts? Trying to use TV speakers that rely on audio passed thru the same cable the video is in, normally implies on going straight HDMI. But since the audio is present (on later cards) at the DVI port as well, you can sometimes use a DVI/HDMI cable. But you have to know if the cable has the necessary extra wires.

Save yourself any more misery. Pick up the mini HDMI/HDMI cable of the length you need and use it. And if you can, post a pic of what the problem is that caused you to have to trim the connector. Never heard that one before.

Consequence

Honorable
May 7, 2013
http://tinypic.com/r/4fy0qq/5 If you look there I am not actually talking about the length as if it can make it from my TV to my computer thats not the problem the HDMI port is literally being blocked thats why when I linked this picture http://www.sapphiretechproav.com/wp-content/uploads/Radeon4-Final.png if you see the tip of the wire you see they make it thin unlike the ones you see usually sold. That causes me to go through more wires because its not properly secured like it is when it is thickly made at the tip.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
You use the term 'wires' when I believe you mean 'cable'. Wires are what is inside the cable. Anyway... Are you referring to the fact that the gfx card is partially blocked by that raised lip around the left-side opening of the case's card slot? If so, can you loosen the card's mounting screw and push it as much as possible to the other side... freeing up a bit more room to insert the bulky cable?

If I'm missing your point, I apologize.

Consequence

Honorable
May 7, 2013
That's actually exactly what I'm talking about I have tried what you have mentioned before and that lip is just too big for the cord. But I do understand that in order for me to get audio this I'd what I would need to do. Thank you for your help I do appreciate it. What I might do is cut part of that lip off to provide a better opening