Is this gaming case good enough?

LeitMotif

Honorable
May 2, 2013
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147153

It already has 3 fans that come with it, and holds up to 5. If it's just a heating problem, should I buy two more fans? Or, if this is too small, do you guys have any other recommendations for a case? I really don't want to spend more than $70-$80 for one.

Build:
i5 3570K
8gb Mushkin Enhanced Blackline
2gb Gtx 660
2TB Refurbished WD Black Hdd
Wireless Adapter Card
Corsair TX Series 650W
Edit: forgot this -> Gigabyte Intel Z77 motherboard

Second Edit: Changing this from discussion to questions

genrldisaray

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2012
If you're looking for an ATX mid tower I would recommend this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112354.
It's on sale for $60 right now, and it has no plastic and great airflow. I bought 2 more low speed fans for the side panel, and run both of those and both front fans as intakes, with a closed loop liquid CPU cooler on the back 120 slot as an exhaust. As ksham mentioned, keeping positive case pressure forces air out of the case, which helps prevent dust from building up, and having 5 lower speed fans moves a lot of air while keeping the case silent.

genrldisaray

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2012

That is true, the thing is a beast. But I don't move it very often, and I like how sturdy it is compared to some cheaper cases I've had. That being said, I have taken it to LAN parties and on road trips. It's not unbearable, just kind of inconvenient.

LeitMotif

Honorable
May 2, 2013

Thanks! You always give me good answers. What happens if I don't have internal air pressure? Will the computer overheat easily, or does it mean something else?

LeitMotif

Honorable
May 2, 2013

Thanks for the input. So, are you saying that the Lian Li is better at keeping the computer cooler than the rosewill challenger at stock? Or only when you put in the two fans on the side panel? I'm not too concerned about the sturdiness of the case, as I won't be moving it around too much.

Sorry, I meant to say positive internal air pressure. Anyway the opposite of positive internal air pressure is negative internal air pressure. A few definitions:

positive internal air pressure is where there is more air going into the case than going out. So if you picture blowing air into a balloon and then using a needle, you poke a tiny hole, you can pretty much ensure that as long as you keep blowing, the balloon will almost always be "full" because air can't leave faster than you can blow in. In the form of a case, when the case is full with air and more is blown in, air will naturally sip through whatever tiny hole it can fine. This prevent dust build up because air is constantly moving around in the case, or more like air is so packed into it that dust is hard to gather in one place. Also, if you dust filtered all intake fans, there should be no dust in the case because any other tiny hole is blocked with air leaving the case so dust can't possibly enter there.

negative internal air pressure is where there is more air leaving the case than going in. In the same situation with the balloon, if before you start blowing air in, I use a knife and cut out a hole, you'll find it hard to keep the balloon filled. So because your case is devoid of air because all of it is leaving the case, equilibrium comes into place. Air will naturally come in from any hole without an intake fan to replace the air that left. This is tough because you can't dust filter those tiny slots. With negative internal air pressure, air is always being used so you won't have a mountain of air stuffed inside.

So no, your computer won't overheat easily or harder with either method. As you may or may not know, air is a terrible conductor. If it were a good conductor, your bowl of soup will be cold really fast. So even if you have a lot of air, it won't make your case much hotter since hot air rises and leaves the case. And since air is a terrible conductor, it doesn't draw heat away from something well. So the most important thing is good case airflow, not how much air you can pump into the case. Pumping more air means nothing. A lot of people mistake this.

I prefer having more air inside than out. Air will naturally shuffle itself and hot air naturally rises so I don't have to worry about having an oven in there. I like it to be dust free.

LeitMotif

Honorable
May 2, 2013

Soooo informative! Do you know how to change this discussion thread into a Question type? I've mistakenly made most of my threads into discussion ones and haven't been able to give the right people their due credit for their solutions.

LeitMotif

Honorable
May 2, 2013

It's not working. I used full edit and checked the appropriate box, but the thread type doesn't seem to change.