Sapphire Radeon Vapor-X HD 7970 GHz Or Gigabyte Radeon HD 7970 WF 3X GHz

I am not sure which one to go for. Both cards seem good. Both are pretty ugly but which would most prefer. I am thinking of going for sapphire. I am new to Radeon cards and this will be my first time purchasing one of these so cut me slack. Also I do not know what the WF stands for on the Gigabyte.. I would enjoy an extra HDMI cable.
Links to the cards-
Sapphire- http://www.amazon.com/Sapphire-DL-DVI-I-SL-DVI-D-PCI-Express-11197-12-40G/dp/B008PQAE98/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1368069845&sr=1-1&keywords=sapphire+7970+ghz

Gigabyte- http://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-PCI-Express-Crossfire-Graphics-GV-R797TO-3GD/dp/B008WAMV3Y/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1368070890&sr=1-1&keywords=gigabyte+7970+
18 answers Last reply
More about sapphire radeon vapor 7970 ghz gigabyte radeon 7970 ghz
  1. I also pick the Sapphire Vapor-X one. And both cards are beautiful to me. Ugly would be the furthest adjective from my book to describe them.
  2. Go with Sapphire. It is the best GPU manufacturer on AMD's side.
  3. ksham said:
    I also pick the Sapphire Vapor-X one. And both cards are beautiful to me. Ugly would be the furthest adjective from my book to describe them.


    I don't know the vapor x looks like some kind of bat mobile. They aren't horrible looking but don't look that great. but looks mean nothing really. just performance I was also thinking about the HIS but all I saw was bad reviews on it.
  4. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150632

    XFX kinda looks better, but logo on the side is red... Also life-time warranty.
  5. Ive heard really bad things about XFX coolers though. I wouldn't go there.

    How could you not want your GPU to look like a batmobile?????
    Its a batmobile!!! hahaha:P (thats why I bought mine)
    <.<
    >.>
  6. caydn12 said:
    Ive heard really bad things about XFX coolers though. I wouldn't go there.

    How could you not want your GPU to look like a batmobile?????
    Its a batmobile!!! hahaha:P (thats why I bought mine)
    <.<
    >.>


    Egh personal view I guess. I heard nothing good about the XFX as well. I meant XFX instead of HIS. But there is usually a catch from one card to the other. The xfx does look better. Kinda like the 680 signiture 2. But the side is red which is ugly and has bad reviews.
  7. Yeah. The HIS cards I think look pretty sleek though :D
  8. caydn12 said:
    Yeah. The HIS cards I think look pretty sleek though :D


    They sure do )=
  9. buk laou said:
    caydn12 said:
    Yeah. The HIS cards I think look pretty sleek though :D


    They sure do )=


    Do you plan on bitcoin mining?
    If not, then I would remove the gigabyte completely from you ideas of which card to pick.
    for some reason they tend to mine faster, but they dont game as well and run hotter
  10. Doesn't really matter for Sapphire or Gigabyte because the only thing you are going to see is the "top" of the GPUs which don't look too bad.
  11. Yeah but the Gigabyte doesnt cool very well despite its 3 fans.
  12. So the Sapphire should be the way to go. What I was planning on getting from the beginning was the MSi 7970 but I could not find a GHZ edition.
  13. Whoa whoa whoa.. Hold up cowboy.. Do you plan on overclocking yourself?
  14. I wouldn't say Gigabyte's WindForce 7970 doesn't cool very well. It just doesn't cool as well as the Sapphire Vapor-X 7970.

    Edit: LOL @ overclocking yourself.
  15. caydn12 said:
    Whoa whoa whoa.. Hold up cowboy.. Do you plan on overclocking yourself?


    Never overclocked a card. I only know how to overclock a CPU
  16. ksham said:
    I wouldn't say Gigabyte's WindForce 7970 doesn't cool very well. It just doesn't cool as well as the Sapphire Vapor-X 7970.

    Edit: LOL @ overclocking yourself.


    You know what I meant :D

    buk laou said:
    caydn12 said:
    Whoa whoa whoa.. Hold up cowboy.. Do you plan on overclocking yourself?


    Never overclocked a card. I only know how to overclock a CPU


    Well, if you are willing to look into overclocking, you could buy a regular 7970 and save some money. All a ghz edition is they take the core clock and mem clock and overclock it for you and you a premium so you have this speed guaranteed. However, if you are willing to risk overclocking it yourself, then you might just buy a regular one.
    Just another thing to think about
  17. caydn12 said:
    ksham said:
    I wouldn't say Gigabyte's WindForce 7970 doesn't cool very well. It just doesn't cool as well as the Sapphire Vapor-X 7970.

    Edit: LOL @ overclocking yourself.


    You know what I meant :D

    buk laou said:
    caydn12 said:
    Whoa whoa whoa.. Hold up cowboy.. Do you plan on overclocking yourself?


    Never overclocked a card. I only know how to overclock a CPU


    Well, if you are willing to look into overclocking, you could buy a regular 7970 and save some money. All a ghz edition is they take the core clock and mem clock and overclock it for you and you a premium so you have this speed guaranteed. However, if you are willing to risk overclocking it yourself, then you might just buy a regular one.
    Just another thing to think about


    I thought about a couple of times. But I wouldn't know what I am doing. It does look simple. But I have the money to cash out. It's at least cheaper then the 680 I was planning on getting.
  18. Gigabyte's three fans allow the fans to run slower but produce the same fan speed as 2 fans running faster.
Ask a new question

Read More

Gigabyte Sapphire Graphics Graphics Cards HD Radeon