Editing Original Post Checkbox Values

For example, in this thread: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-1667788/hit-miss-answer-email-notifications.html

If I want to edit my original post and unselect the "E-mail me when there is a new answer", I can't do it. Even when I change the title and content and click Publish My Thread, the checkbox doesn't save. It's still checked. Is this a bug? Can't seem to select the "Request solutions to this Question (not a discussion)" option either.

Solution
ksham,

That's fine, just follow my instructions and they should be turned off. To turn off the automatic setting of that, go into your account by clicking your name in the upper right, click manage my profile, then click on forum settings, edit where it says "Notify me of updates by default" and uncheck that and save!

Thanks!
Justin

justinblue

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2008
ksham,

It is a bug, that is going to be addressed. However, if you would like to turn off the e-mailing of updates, simply go to the bottom of the first posting in the thread and click "Unfollow" ... You can also click "Stop tracking this thread" if you don't want system updates about the thread when browsing the site.

Thanks!
Justin

justinblue

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2008
ksham,

That's fine, just follow my instructions and they should be turned off. To turn off the automatic setting of that, go into your account by clicking your name in the upper right, click manage my profile, then click on forum settings, edit where it says "Notify me of updates by default" and uncheck that and save!

Thanks!
Justin

Solution

justinblue

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2008
Hi,

I see what you mean. However, I believe just clicking "Unfollow" will remove your e-mail updates. The thread will still be tracked as long as you don't click: "Stop tracking this thread"

The wording of the message to unfollow is kind of confusing.

Justin

I thought the "Stop tracking this thread" was what you meant. I don't see an unfollow link.

KeKdazp.png