Nexus Rolls Out Real Silent 140 mm Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's time the fix the "There is 0 Comment" spelling error toms. It's a super easy fix, I know.
Now about this article, the fan sounds excellent for a media center build, so long as the price isn't too crazy.

Those are nice stats. Hopefully the price is good. I'll probably still stick with the Noiseblocker Silent Pro though since most my cases are black. But if I need a white colored fan, I'll know where to go.

19 DBA and 45 CFM "in a non restrictive environment."
That's roughly on part for a silent fan, but how does it do on radiators? The phrasing seems to imply that it won't fare well, even though that's where you're going to want the quietest fans possible.

Walsho

Honorable
Apr 30, 2013

Is that even incorrect? I guess "There are 0 comments" is better, but it's probably not "super easy" to progress to "is 1 comment" then again back to "are x comments"

if (numberOfComments == 1) textLine = "There is 1 comment."; else textLine = "There are " + numberOfComments + " comments.";

Seems pretty "super easy" to me. :)

jezus53

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2011
I have two of their 120mm fans on my Hyper 212+. Works phenomenally well and can't hear a thing. If I ever need 140mm I would buy these in a heart beat!

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
It's really not a heading. Just more like added information. It is a very common practice to display information in a manner such as:
<Label> : <Data>
For example:
Name: husker
Profession: Software Engineer
Comments on this topic so far: 2
You see?

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
It is not intended as a heading. It is informational only. For example, above each comment is a username and time stamp information. This is just a statement of information, short, direct, easy to digest information. It is not a complete sentence completed with proper capitalization and ending in a period like, "Here is a comment from husker posted on May 9th at 9:00 AM." It is a simple statement of the facts.
So, having a sentence like "There are 25 Comments." creates a couple of problems. 1) It is structured as a sentence, as if it needs to follow grammatical rules by starting with a capital letter and ending in a period. But the word "comment" is capitalized within the sentence as if it is a proper name, but it is not. (This is not German where common nouns are capitalized.) Therefore the attempt to use a sentence structure kind of fails when used in this way, because clearly they want the word "Comments" to be capitalized because it is important, yet putting it in a sentence structure forces them to break the rules. Note that article titles do not have periods at the end because they are not sentences and are not subject to the same rules.
2) It creates the problems of requiring different verb and plural usages depending on the number of comments.
Having it simply represent a factual piece of information in a succinct way is really the best design choice to make from a both the programmers and end-user point of view.
Number Of Comments: 25
Seems like a clean, clear design choice to me. But hey, to each his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS