Closed

iOS 7, Android 4.3 Server Log Sightings Continue

Both iOS 7 and Android 4.3 continue to show up on server logs.

iOS 7, Android 4.3 Server Log Sightings Continue : Read more
6 answers Last reply
More about ios android server log sightings continue
  1. You know, after Android 4.0 - which was admittedly great - I haven't seen anything *really* huge pop into this OS. Do we really need to make a big deal about this now that the updates seem to have gone from huge (2 to 3 to 4) to incremental and relatively small improvements?
    Also, iOS... Who cares? Likely playing catchup anyways.
  2. "the company will likely make the new Jelly Bean installment available to the Android masses."
    right. The masses, meaning only nexus devices because HTC, Motorola, etc... rarely release OS updates with any sort of urgency. 4.4 will be just around the corner by the time 4.3 has begun to roll out to most devices.
  3. Phew. That was me with my custom user agent. Busted.
  4. falcompsx said:
    "the company will likely make the new Jelly Bean installment available to the Android masses."
    right. The masses, meaning only nexus devices because HTC, Motorola, etc... rarely release OS updates with any sort of urgency. 4.4 will be just around the corner by the time 4.3 has begun to roll out to most devices.

    It's not that these OEM's don't want to, but the carriers have final say over when Android updates are released. Apple doesn't face this because the one thing Apple did right was to retain control over when iOS updates are released. Google needs to push back against the carriers and stand up for their OEM partners.
  5. wildkitten said:
    It's not that these OEM's don't want to, but the carriers have final say over when Android updates are released. Apple doesn't face this because the one thing Apple did right was to retain control over when iOS updates are released. Google needs to push back against the carriers and stand up for their OEM partners.

    An carriers also have a say when updates are launched on SIM unlocked phones? No, they don't! Yet the problem remains.
  6. Vladislaus said:
    wildkitten said:
    It's not that these OEM's don't want to, but the carriers have final say over when Android updates are released. Apple doesn't face this because the one thing Apple did right was to retain control over when iOS updates are released. Google needs to push back against the carriers and stand up for their OEM partners.

    An carriers also have a say when updates are launched on SIM unlocked phones? No, they don't! Yet the problem remains.

    And in comparison to subsidized phones through the carriers, there really is not many of them out there. You will always have slow development for any product where there is not many of said product.

    Now it can be argued as well that perhaps each OEM has way to many phones. Apple has one phone, the iPhone, yet are continually bashed for bringing out a new one about once a year. But look at Motorola. They released the Bionic, then a couple months later, the Razr, then a couple of months later the Razr Maxx, then the Razr HD, the Razr M. If each OEM concentrated on one, maybe 2, models, that could also help the update issue, but still, not much when you have carriers forcing them to do 10 version of each update to make sure the bloatware is all in there.
Ask a new question

Read More

Android Operating Systems iPhone