I need a Graphics card upgrade.

Crystal Assasin

Honorable
May 9, 2013

Are you 100% sure about this because i cannot afford to purchase it and not use it =(?

Crystal Assasin

Honorable
May 9, 2013

I'm not really sure how i can find out what my power supply and model is. If you tell me how i can check I'll try and find out about it.

Crystal Assasin

Honorable
May 9, 2013

To tell you the truth i have no idea where i can find my power supply I even asked my mum about it and she graduated from school of electronics and didn't know the answer. Could u tell me what exactly am I looking for?
Edit: I googled power supply and i read that i need to open my PC. Is that true?

Crystal Assasin

Honorable
May 9, 2013

23yyH8s.jpg
[/URL][/img]

ihog

Distinguished
Okay, so at the top there, is the power supply, where the power cable is coming out of. From here, you cannot tell what it is. You'll need to open up the case.

Who built your computer?

Crystal Assasin

Honorable
May 9, 2013

My mother's friend had a friend who owns a computer shop and i picked the parts he just chose the case and sound card. Why is it something wrong with it? Just curious haha =).

Crystal Assasin

Honorable
May 9, 2013

Well ok man tomorrow i will open it and see what i can find. If by any chance i don't find anything I'll take a picture of the inside and post it here so you can see. Just keep tabs on the thread for tomorrow's update =).

Crystal Assasin

Honorable
May 9, 2013

Is this the power supply?

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

Yes, it is a Fortron FSP500-60APN, 500W power supply. It claims 80 Plus Certified.

It has a single 6+2 pin pcie cable, 2 x 18a rails.

The 660 needs at least 24a, 450w.

It comes down to how trustworthy Fortron is with their labeling.

The best thing to do would be to upgrade the power supply as well IMO, never heard of fortron...

Crystal Assasin

Honorable
May 9, 2013
Could you recommend some power supplies that can effectively keep up with the 660? I'm a total idiot when it comes down to these stuff so i don't have the slightest idea of what im looking for =(.

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

After I posted I went and tried to look up the power supply, it is 80 plus bronze certified.

It seems that Fortron is regarded to be a decent manufacturer.

So it should be fine with a 660 non ti. =)

Crystal Assasin

Honorable
May 9, 2013

So you are 100% sure that the MSI version of the card will work 100% on my motherboard with my current power supply? Please answer only if you are sure you know the answer because I need to know what im buying i do not want to waste money. Amazon doesn't have a 7day period of return if you don't like the product =(.

ihog

Distinguished
Everything should work. I can't say for 100%, because there's always something that can go wrong.

The card draws a maximum of 140W, through one cable, and both 12V rails have an amperage of 18. Thus, one of them can give 216W. Since the efficiency is apparently at least 80%, you take 80% of 216W, which is 172.8W. So, theoretically, it should work fine.

The mobo should support it as well.

Crystal Assasin

Honorable
May 9, 2013
Ok I will purchase it in the coming week and see how it goes. Even if for w/e reason it shuts down my PC due to high voltage i can sell it in my country for like 300-350$ (yes its freakin overpriced here). Thanks a lot for your time and help guys I wish you all the best =).