What kind of upgrades can i do to improve my overall performance on my computer ?

NuVoxZero

Honorable
Mar 20, 2013
My build
AMD A10 5800k
Biostar hifi a85w
g.skill 8gb memory
corsair cx430
seagate barracuda 2tb hard drive

the upgrades i've been thinking about are buy a video card & a ssd.

i've also been thinking about buying a new cpu & motherboard like an fx-8150 or fx-8320

any tips on how to improve my overall performance & also rendering/livestreaming my console with my hd pvr

A SSD will improve overall system responsiveness, make the OS boot, shut down, and update faster, better app loading, etc. I highly recommend at least a 128GB drive if you go that route.

A new video card will give you limited returns in gaming. The A10 will quickly become the bottleneck in modern games once you start cranking the details. But if you're just doing some casual gaming and want a little better performance, a 7770 or 7850 would be all you need ( and your PSU would have a hard time supporting anything higher than a 7870. )

If you're considering a new CPU and mboard, you're in the realm of whole new system builds, and things can change drastically at that point.

Rugnir_Viking

Honorable
Mar 27, 2013
well i agree with above but tbh i would go for the 7770ghz edition and getting the best processor your mobo slot allows. this order because i still see alot of games much better with a discrete gpu. i see this veiwpoint because i recently upgraded an old pc with a celeron processor and gave it a gt640. even this non-gaming card brings it past literaly all integrated graphics solutions. take syrim as an example. i had 8-15 fps on lowest settings, and now i got nicely playable 40-45 fps. processor only shows its age with immensly crowded games like newer mmo's (think any but wow)

also above poster i have managed fine with 60gb ssd before. i still have two computers with 60gb hard drives, and they are still plenty enough for hours of movies and plenty of games suited to that sort of machine.

The OP asked about computer performance, which I took to mean overall computer performance. To that end I'd say an SSD first, video card second. If he's more worried about gaming performance, then yes, video card first.

Rugnir_Viking

Honorable
Mar 27, 2013

i guess so. my line of thought goes why would he come here if he didnt need it for something other than browsing and email seeing as that pc should breeze though that kinda stuff. think 2tb hard drive and 8gb memory. only thing that would use those but not gpu is finacial forcasting i reckon. but agreed ssd first for speedy computer feel.