Please help!! I need Dual Monitors(Extended) on my Inspiron 560. I only have 1 VGA port+ 1HDMI port, but I can't make work.

Bismarck1

Honorable
May 9, 2013
Please help!! I need Dual Monitors(Extended) on my Inspiron 560. I only have 1 VGA port+ 1HDMI port, but I can't make work.

I would really appreciate someone's insight on how to do it..
Thanks..

Hi, Dell Inspiron 560 laptop could be connected to an external display, such as a CRT monitor, flat panel display or LCD projector. You need to first determine the type of video port the external monitor has. There might be VGA port or HDMI port. Connect cables to the video port of the laptop and external monitor. In this way, you might connect external monitor. The following things need to be kept in mind while connecting an external monitor to Dell Inspiron 560 laptop.

•Connect properly
•Adjust resolution
•Adequate power

Connect properly:-

Make sure that the required adapters and cables are used and are securely connected. If the connection is faulty or loose, you might not be able to see a stable display on the external monitor. Both ends of the cable need to be properly connected. This might give a stable display on the monitor. You need to use genuine cables for the connection.

Adjust resolution:-

The graphics card has to be installed on your processor for a high quality display. The quality of the display depends on the graphics card. So you need to install compatible drivers. The drivers need to be genuine and it needs to be updated. You might need to adjust the settings in order to get a proper resolution on your monitor. You might easily change the resolution from display properties of the external monitor.

Adequate power:-

Power might be needed to drive the external monitor. Make sure that there is sufficient battery back up in the laptop. If the laptop is running on battery make sure there is sufficient charge in it. If the battery is low in charge, you need to connect the laptop to an AC adapter. You need to make sure that the external monitor is connected to a power supply and it is turned on.

Hope it will help. Good Luck.

OP has Desktop PC, or Mini Tower, I did not see slim Inspiron 560 yet. Where OP mentioned laptop?

Question to Bismarck1. Do you have video card (inserted into PCIE) or you connecting to on board graphic chip? If you have dedicated video card please provide model.
So, have you connected actually 2 monitors already, or you have problems with connectors?

I don't understand you question completely, please clarify.