GeForce GTX 770 & GTX 780 Pictured on Chinese Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

I didn't follow you. The stock 680 had 2GB and the 780 is rumored to have 3GB. Where did you see 5GB? That is a large bump in cuda cores for the 780 has me wondering if that is correct. If it is correct the 780 will be very close to Titan. The 780's 320 bit bus width may make perform on par to Titan since the 780 is rumored to have 8% less cuda cores than Titans 2688 cuda cores.

noobzilla771

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2011
Looks like the 780's performance would be close to Titan? I'm guessing nVidia will price it around $700 then since Titan is $1000. The 680s would probably stay around $400-450. Graphics card costs are getting ridiculous.

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009

An earlier rumor indicated 5 GB of memory, sadly more sources are indicating 3 GB now.

No take a look at the specs of each card okay it would be something like this. But again all this is strictly rumor at this point and until someone gets one of these cards and reviews it I'm not believing squat.

GTX TITAN
And so on.

ice-note

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2013
Ouch. I was actually very excited about the prospect of a 5GB 780... at 3GB, I think I'll hold on to my 7970 Ghz. And I doubt they'll make a different version of the 780, what with the Titan looming there and all. Time to CFX or just wait for Southern Islands!

zooted

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2010
So.. they are going to release what the 6xx series should have been? I hope AMD's next irritation of CGN will be as strong of a jump as the 6xxx series to 7xxx series was.

I think it may just be you. They look 2 slot to me :)

I love that cooler because it blows heat out the back and seems to have WAY more heatsink than the 670 has now. The fan may even be bigger(quieter).

Must wait and see and NOT buy a 670/680 or 7970 now.....5870 is still going(and great for at least 80% of what I play)....must keep it for now :)

mapesdhs

Distinguished
I would have been more impressed if the 780 had a 512bit bus. All these CUDA cores
and yet not the bandwidth to feed them. Will it have 4X the CUDA performance of
a 580? Definitely not; it can't do without proportionally higher mem bw. Such a shame.
Ian.

G

If the 780 is more than $699 I will wait, just too much to spend on a single card. Even though I can afford it.

realibrad

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2007
Is AMD pushing out their new chip because they made something awesome and wanted to get it out asap, or did they know they needed the best they had to even come close?
Did Nvidia put out the Titan to clear some product while they could, or did they know AMD had nothing to compete with, so they knew a 1k card would work?
Im stuck and cant figure out which it is.
Here is to hoping AMD and Nvidia put out something equal and it drives down price.

Nvidia is milking their cash cows. they have two major advantages over AMD: the Titan which claims the discrete graphics crown, and a much more well known brand. There are many out there who thinks the only companies in PC graphics are Nvidia and Intel... (because that's all you see in most consumer computers for the last 3 years or so)

I hope AMD's new card isn't a catch up move, they can't afford to do that now. They really need that crown back in a very definitive way.

somebodyspecial

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012
"The details that we figured out were that the GTX 780 was basically a GTX Titan with slightly fewer features"
It is a Titan...Hence the cuda cores just slightly less. These are Titans with a few bad cores most likely that couldn't cut it. AMD won't match these until Q4 at which point NV flops out maxwell as a response 1-3months later. No shock, this happens every year.
No reason to drop Titan until one is left on the shelf for at least 10 minutes...LOL. Personally I'd raise the price ASAP until there are a few on the shelf. You're not charging enough if they sell out (no matter WHAT you're selling this is true...They own you nothing, AMD nor NV). AMD is losing money because they are pricing themselves to death. They only screw their bottom line by doing us favors and giving away free games. It's STUPID and a great way to go out of business.
Losing 6B in the last 10yrs isn't enough for you people to realize they're becoming weaker and weaker? Gave up cpu race, gave up fabs, can't make a working driver, runts, stutter, enduro issues...With no money for R&D this crap happens. It was a mistake to divert funds to consoles (a shrinking market...wiiu sales off 50%! Vita hasn't hit 5mil units, 3ds sales down and projected even further...do the math AMD made a mistake, NV passed wisely) and screw all of their core products. Not to mention delaying arm crap until 2014 which should already be on rev4 like Tegra. That's called LACK of funding and all the driver issues show this in spades.

darkchazz

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010
useless rebranding nvidia
we are back in the Geforce GTX 9000, 200 series days....
What will they do when the new consoles come out and the games get optimized for AMD GPUs and make good use of compute?!

Status
Not open for further replies.