GTX 680 Drivers Crashing

TrueTimmy

Honorable
May 9, 2013
Hello. I have an NVIDIA EVGA GTX 680 Graphics Card. When I start to play a game and get about 5 minutes into my drivers crash to the desktop, or my screen goes black and I have to restart my computer. I cannot figure out why it does this, I have tried reinstalling my drivers which is 314.22. What seems to be the problem here? Is there a fix? Any help would be much appreciated!

Hi, your question is not clear enough. What is our computer specs? did you get any message or error while it is crashing? what game are you playing? did you test your GPU for errors? please check this then reply.

TrueTimmy

Honorable
May 9, 2013
Hi there! I'm sorry my question was not clear but it is many different things. If I put any pressure on my graphics card, after a short period of time either my games crashes and says something like your graphics card drivers has stopped responding and has successfully been recovered. Another one is where my screen just starts getting faulty texture and my screen freezes, the other problem is sometimes my screen will just go completely black and I will have to force my computer off and back on. I kind of did some back tracing on my hardware. My power supply is an Xion and it is not 80 certified even. I've had for about 2 years so I kind of figured it is going out. A month or so ago it started making a high pitched noise. My other system specs though are
NVIDIA EVGA GTX 680
CPU: Intel i5 2500k 3.30 GHZ
RAM: 8 GB
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Sabertooth P67
So would the power supply be the problem here?

Hi, so that makes two. 1. GPU. 2. PSU. Here both can be victims. I myself had those problems couple of years back. First check your GPU with your favorite "STRESS" software (e.g. Prime95). If anything goes wrong RMA it or replace it. Second if your PSU really making noise and probably will be getting hotter than usual, replace it at once, don't risk it. Replace it with a better one (e.g. Cooler Master, Corsair, etc).

In my little experience :-
Another one is where my screen just starts getting faulty texture and my screen freezes
This is the symptom of a faulty GPU.

other problem is sometimes my screen will just go completely black and I will have to force my computer off and back on
This is the symptom of a faulty PSU.