i5 3570(K) VS FX-8350

SoughtVengeance

Honorable
Jan 18, 2013
Help!

Can I have a single definitive answer on which of these CPUs would be better for video editing/rendering in Sony Vegas?

Also, VERY light gaming (e.g. Minecraft, nothing like BF3)?

One more thing - help for a build around the best CPU, preferably including DVD R/W, SD card reader and wireless network card? Thanks!

My budget is from around £450 - £600.

(if a small SSD falls within the budget INCLUDING everything else specified, shove that in too!)

elemein

Honorable
Mar 4, 2013
Rendering is heavily multithreaded; therefore, the 8350 is better in this case.

I can help you out with the build, but will let someone else take the reins here. If you dont have a build for awhile, I'll suggest one.

SoughtVengeance

Honorable
Jan 18, 2013

Yeah, go ahead... I'm up for any suggestions seeming as I won't be buying for about 2-3 months.

elemein

Honorable
Mar 4, 2013

In that case, I strongly insist to not even consider making a build now. Haswell will be released in June, and SR is due shortly afterwards apparently. The improvements will definitely be massive if your rendering programs use AVX, or the jump from PD to ST is supposed to be large. I really suggest you just sit back and wait on a build for now; come back about a week or a few days before you're ready to order, and you'll get more up-to-date builds.