Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Medium End Gaming -First Time Build-

Tags:
  • Build
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
May 10, 2013 11:14:05 PM

Hey all! I'm a little nervous, this being my first build and all. I'm 14 years old, and I do some modding for games like skyrim, minecraft, ect. And I needed a better computer for it. My friend recommended a site to me, called "pcpartpicker." I'd just like to make sure that all my parts are compatible, and will play nice together. I've replaced RAM before, and a few other computer hardware stuff, but I've mostly stuck to software. If someone could put my mind at ease about the wiring of everything together and if all my parts will work, that'd be great. ;) 
Here's my part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/459pm/saved/1yJx
It says that all parts are compatable, but I'm not sure if I want to trust just that. Another concern is if my graphics card will fit well in my case, and if my processor is a good one.

More about : medium end gaming time build

May 11, 2013 2:26:33 AM

All of those parts are compatible, but the CPU and motherboard are both pretty low end. You would be better off with an I3 than an older AMD chip. That video card won't have any problems in your case, although with a micro atx motherboard you could get a smaller tower with better cooling for about the same price.

Here's a setup that would give you noticeably better performance for about $60 more.
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/WuzR
May 11, 2013 8:48:19 AM

My budget is like 590 bucks. Will the build as I have it now run skyrim at manageable FPS? Like 30-40?
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
May 11, 2013 8:54:55 AM

Hey, I just changed the processor to a AMD Phenom II black edition. I'm not going to go Intel, sorry dude. I've had bad experiences with some Intel products. But this Phenom II black edition should do alright. Right?
May 11, 2013 8:57:13 AM

Yeah, for Skyrim you won't have any problems at all.
May 11, 2013 10:36:38 AM

Thanks for the help dude. I'll be playing on our old 720p TV, so no 1080p FPS tests for me. =3
May 11, 2013 10:38:16 AM

No problem, good luck with your build.