Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Should I buy new cpu cooler for my i3 2120.

Last response: in CPUs
Share
May 11, 2013 7:37:14 AM

my rig: i3 2120,8gb 133mhz ddr3, 500 watt circle psu, gigabyte b75, asus gtx 650ti, 1tb hdd sata.

my i3 is currently running on stock cooler . Ideal temp is 47 degree
and
under full load its 82 degree.
i use core temp and prime95 for testing.
i am looking forward to buy this cooler http://www.flipkart.com/cooler-master-hyper-tx3-evo/p/i...

is 80+ bad for gaming?
is it worth buying new cooler.?
if i by this cooler would i get good performance in gaming?

More about : buy cpu cooler 2120

a b à CPUs
May 11, 2013 7:46:20 AM

80c is too high but prim95 numbers are meaningless unless you plan to run prime95 everyday. I'm guessing you use your PC mostly for gaming and office/school work.

the TX3 evo is a budget cooler and a solid upgrade over a stock cooler. the 212+ is a better performing option but if price is a issue, the TX3 evo is an OK alternative
May 11, 2013 8:44:10 AM

dirtyferret said:
80c is too high but prim95 numbers are meaningless unless you plan to run prime95 everyday. I'm guessing you use your PC mostly for gaming and office/school work.

the TX3 evo is a budget cooler and a solid upgrade over a stock cooler. the 212+ is a better performing option but if price is a issue, the TX3 evo is an OK alternative


Thanx dirtyferret but , will i get performance boost in gaming, if yes then i will buy it.
Related resources
a b à CPUs
May 11, 2013 8:56:18 AM

Ninad Thorat said:
dirtyferret said:
80c is too high but prim95 numbers are meaningless unless you plan to run prime95 everyday. I'm guessing you use your PC mostly for gaming and office/school work.

the TX3 evo is a budget cooler and a solid upgrade over a stock cooler. the 212+ is a better performing option but if price is a issue, the TX3 evo is an OK alternative


Thanx dirtyferret but , will i get performance boost in gaming, if yes then i will buy it.


no the CPU would run at the same stock speed, just cooler (and slightly less noise)

depending on your motherboard and the use of an after market cooler, you can do a slight OC with an I3 but don't expect significant performance improvements
http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1650/17/



May 11, 2013 10:18:19 AM

dirtyferret said:
Ninad Thorat said:
dirtyferret said:
80c is too high but prim95 numbers are meaningless unless you plan to run prime95 everyday. I'm guessing you use your PC mostly for gaming and office/school work.

the TX3 evo is a budget cooler and a solid upgrade over a stock cooler. the 212+ is a better performing option but if price is a issue, the TX3 evo is an OK alternative


Thanx dirtyferret but , will i get performance boost in gaming, if yes then i will buy it.


no the CPU would run at the same stock speed, just cooler (and slightly less noise)

depending on your motherboard and the use of an after market cooler, you can do a slight OC with an I3 but don't expect significant performance improvements
http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1650/17/




Thanx dude.
I am a complete noob in overclocking from bios...can u explain the basic of overclocking from bios , here is my Motherboard http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=...

i know how to reach bios and all that essentials .
a b à CPUs
May 11, 2013 11:07:23 AM

most B75 have little OC features and like i said before you would get small results. if you check the article i linked above, they simply increased the bus frequency
!