can't get out of safe mode

Pricey316

Honorable
May 11, 2013
I've now got a walware virus on my laptop running windows 8 so started it on a guest login and activated a safe mode but not sure what one I used as now when I start my laptop it goes to a purple screen with no user logins and all it has is the shut down option in the bottom right and the ease of access in the bottom left, I've tried task manager and that won't come up and even tried restarting and hitting the shift and f8 key to use safe mode and that does nothing, can some please help me? Many thanks dale

Sounds like you may have to use your Recovery Partition to reset your Laptop to Factory. Details in your Manual.
If you have data you really can't lose, there are options.
Remove HDD and read from another PC if you have USB adapter
Create USB boot with Ubuntu and access your files.
Create a Recovery Drive from another PC running W8, and see if you can rescue your Laptop. A USB flash drive ideal, or a CD, you only need about 250 Mb space (Recommend everyone to create one, it's easy and you never know when you might need it!) Simply type 'Recovery' at your Start Screen and 'Create a Recovery Drive' from Settings.
Enable USB or CD boot in BIOS and when prompted choose 'Troubleshoot your PC'

DineshZaladekar

Honorable
May 13, 2013
HII Pricey

which wise person said that you are logged into safe mode
when i had windows 7ultimate i experienced this twice and i had to take it to the Technician and reinstall
windows then the third time i changed it into windows 8

the problem for that is you should have 1of the top 5 antivirus you may check that on google
even if its a trial version of a month or 2 is ok
1 thing is sure you got virus into your system and that virus has damaged
RUN32.dll/ RUN64.dll from C:\windows\system(32 / 64) and if that 1 file is damaged then you cannot even see your desktop with taskbar
so there are 2 ways to solve that problem you will only need windows installation cd you can borrow that from anyone even i have 1

1 insert windows 8 installation cd and restart from the boot menu click on repair pc
some of your installed files maybe removed but that is better than purle blank screen

IF 1ST TECHNIQUE DOESNT WORK FOLLOW THE 2nd one

2 LIKE BEFORE install windows cd and this time choose full instalation and i hope you know how to install
windows
format c drive because the virus has attacked some files from c drive
after you install windows you can personalize windows but make sure you install a good antivirus next time

you install 64 bit for laptops but if you dont have a 64 bit then install 32 bit theres no problem in that..........

BEST OF LUCK

Dinesh Zaladekar

Pricey316

Honorable
May 11, 2013
Thanks for all your help guys, I'm going to try with the windows cd and if it comes to it I will just completely reinstall windows but I'll let you know, after the virus went on I signed in as a guest and ran msconfig and put it I to adage mode which gave me the purple screen with no logins, yea I k ow how to install windows so it's all good, thanks again guys for the help much appreciated