Black screening and Graphics drivers stop responding

ECaarnage

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2013
I got a new graphics card a few days ago (gtx 670 GC) and I put it into my computer and am running it in SLI. I had to take out the sound card because i didn't think they would fit next to each other. The next day i tried to put them both in. I slotted them both in and ever after that my pc has gone to shit. I removed the sound card and it is still doing it. When I boot it goes to the motherboard screen (asrock), starting windows screen and then most of the time it black screens at the point where i enter my password. I put my headset on and entered my password and it worked and I heard it go into desktop but was still black screened. And the times that I do manage to get into it without black screen the nvidia driver will stop responding and, blacking out my 3 monitors for a few seconds then bringing them back. Also it does some weird thing where my computer freezes for a a second or so, which happens multiple times every minute. I went into the device manager in safe mode (which I am in now) uninstalled my graphics driver, downloaded it again and installed it. Didn't change anything. Also, my PC is also shutting itself down when I am using. I have no idea what to do. I am sorry this is such a long read but I have to state all the details. Help me please.

ECaarnage

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2013

haha but you deserve to get best solution :)

Xavier Tan Sync

Honorable
May 8, 2013
anyway thanks and if i get i would appreciate it :) do visit tom hardware forum and ask if you got any problem , and feel free to pm me if you have any problem i will try and do my best to help. :)

ECaarnage

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2013

My system has started having problems again D: I have the first GTX 670 in my computer atm and it keeps failing when turning on. It will do mobo screen, windows and then black screen again. Is also doing the thing where when i'm in windows it will say driver fail or whatever it was that I said last time and the screen will go black for a few seconds and then come back. And sometimes the computer will start up with black screen because of when I changed the graphics adapter in the BIOS, even though I changed the main back to PCI express. I know that is the cause because when I plug my dvi into the motherboard it will work. Plz help. I am thinking that it may be a driver issue or something else and the other graphics card may not have been at fault. But what is stumping me is that when i had just the two cards in without the sound card for the day or so, it worked perfectly :L