One thing that bothers me about the FX 8350

billhicks85

Honorable
May 13, 2013
My pc is 6 years old so its about time I built a new one to play future games.
I have been really tempted by the FX 8350 due to the decent price/performance, but one thing that has stopped me dead in my tracks about buying one is the pci express 2.0 issue.
I know that there is a board that I know of that supports pcie 3.0 for the fx but it is more expensive, and so the cost benefit of having this chip is reduced.
So the only way I would buy this chip is with a pci express 2.0 motherboard.
I would ideally like this new pc to last me another 5 or 6 years if I can, but wouldn't future gpu's be bottlenecked by pci-e 2.0?
Btw I'm not interested in multiple gpu setups, just single gpu, but apparently the titan is bottlenecked by pci-e 2.0.
What if I wanted to upgrade my gpu 4 or 5 years down the line?
Is this something to worry about? If it is then I may as well spend the extra cash and go intel.

CDdude55

Distinguished
PCI bandwidth still isn't a major factor is system performance, going with a PCI-E 2.0 board vs a 3.0 board will make little difference in terms of actually performance so don't worry about it.

It's hard for computers to last long, as technology changes at a quick pace hence it's very tough to stay on top of the curve, so don't worry about that either.

billhicks85

Honorable
May 13, 2013
I just dont want to buy this chip with pci e 2.0 then buy myself a nice new gpu a few years down the line and be kicking myself because it's bottlenecked.
Or maybe its not as much of an issue I am making it out to be.