Sign in with
Your question

Computer boots up but something is wrong with the graphics card i can't work out.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 13, 2013 6:07:26 AM

First off i have tried more than one graphics card, a brand new PSU, re-seated the CPU, made sure it was protected, etc.

When i plug the 4 pin CPU cable into the socket, the graphics card makes 2 alternating speed sounds, the hard drives fire up and everything.

The system only seems to fully work if i wiggle the graphics card and even that takes a few minutes to find the sweet spot. Sometimes when i find it the screen is pink unless i move the monitor cable going into the back of the GPU.

I have to do this everytime i turn my computer off or reboot it, i've also noticed that when it is working there is a lot of slow performance from my system, especially when running visually demanding things such as 3DS Max.

I just can't put my finger on the problem at all. The motherboard is a GIGABYTE 770T-D3L, it has 6 gig of RAM. I have tried running it without the RAM but it still hangs on that weird GPU fan problem.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks!
a c 119 U Graphics card
a b à CPUs
May 15, 2013 9:43:12 AM

I think it's a faulty GPU, try replacing it with friends to be sure. It can also happens sometime due to loose connection.
May 16, 2013 7:34:25 AM

lonewolf7 said:
I think it's a faulty GPU, try replacing it with friends to be sure. It can also happens sometime due to loose connection.

I have tried another one that i have but i guess i can try my friends...

Related resources
!