Seeking Cubical mATX HTPC Case + PSU

MikeMcDuck

Honorable
May 13, 2013
I am putting together an HTPC system for my living room and am seeking advice on the case and PSU. I am in the USA.

Internal components are as follows:
-- Gigabyte GA-F2A85XM-D3H mATX motherboard.
-- AMD A10-5700 processor (65W TDP).
-- Ceton InfiniTV 4 Quad-tuner card (this has interchangeable regular and low-profile brackets, and is quite short).
-- HD and/or SSD to be decided later.
-- Optical drive to be decided later.

I am looking for a case with the following characteristics:
-- Fairly compact.
-- Roughly square front panel (i.e., not a tall-and-skinny case or a short-and-wide case).
-- Fits a standard ATX power supply.
-- Fits a standard DVD / Blu-Ray drive.
------------
I have looked at Silverstone (SG01 and SG02), Thermaltake (Armor A30), and Lian-Li (PC-V351 through 355). All of these have their supporters, but they all also have users who are very upset about things such as:
-- Poor airflow.
-- Bad quality fans.
-- So cramped inside that it is very hard to install things.
-- Fans on the power supply incompatible with the case (e.g., PS fan is right next to a solid piece of metal instead of a grille).
------------
So, I am looking for advice on which case to get, preferably from someone with experience with that particular case. If it worked out for you, which PSU did you use? Was the stock CPU cooler sufficient? If not, which replacement did you use?

Thanks!
Mike
----

MikeMcDuck

Honorable
May 13, 2013
Well,I decided on the SilverStone SG02 case with a SilverStone Strider PSU. It took about two hours to put the system together, but it seems to be working fine right now. I will let it run for a while tomorrow to check temperatures.