Feedback on New Gaming Rig

lazarusfaye

Honorable
May 13, 2013
This is my first time buying a computer I customized, so I would like your opinions and suggestions if you guys have any. My intentions with this rig is main gaming, although im not fixed that it would always be on the highest settings all the time. i mainly play games like Mass Effect, Crysis, Elder Scrolls etc. here it goes:
CPU- Intel 3470
Mobo- MSI Z77A-G45\Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H
GPU- Gigabyte GTX 660 OC
RAM- Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1600Mhz Vengeance Blue LP Edition CL9-9-9-24
SSD- Samsung 840
HDD- WD Caviar Blue 1TB 64MB 7200RPM
PSU- Corsair 650TX\Corsair VS650
Case- Antec GX700

All the parts with "\" are things im just not sure about which of them to pick, but have considered both. so I leave it to you to suggest whatever you see fit. the other parts I just want your general opinion- if you think its a good rig altogether for pretty heavy gaming; if all parts fit; if there are maybe better parts at similar prices and such. oh and take in mind I am considering adding another gtx 660 at some point, from the psu standpoint [since im not 100% sure its enough wattage].
And im not planning on overclocking that much, although I would like to have that possibility [and im aware it’s a bit strained with the cpu].
I already have a monitor, keyboard, mouse etc. so its not an issue.
Any other suggestions would be happily accepted. Thanks in advance!

StellaRossa

Honorable
Dec 11, 2012
CPU-Add 20$ more and buy 3570k(cooler for cpu Hyper 212 evo)
Mobo-Buy ASUS P8Z77-V LK or ASRock Z77 Performance they are great also msi and gigabyte board you said are not bad but l think these 2 that l wrote are better.
GPU-Its fine but its better to add some $ and but TI version of 660
RAM-ok
SSD-ok
HDD-ok
PSU-If you are planning to sli 660 sometimes l recommend Seasonic SS-650AM or Corsair TX650M
Case-Its fine.You can also check COOLER MASTER Elite 430 and XCLIO Nighthawk Black

lazarusfaye

Honorable
May 13, 2013

first of all thanks for taking the time.

about the cpu- that was actually my first choice, but after a while i started thinking it might be a bit overkill [since its 50$ more expensive where im from], cuz im not even sure ill do much overclocking anyway. and even if i will overclock it, for it to have any real meaning i have to own a much better gpu, or ill just be bottlenecking my cpu with my 660. am i wrong about this?
about the motherboard- thanks ill definitely look into it.
about the gpu- man i wish. i want the 660 ti. but its about 150$ more expensive here so i downgraded my initial dream to something more realistic.
about the psu- well i just cant find any of the models u pointed out. are there any other models u know of that are perhaps more widespread?
about the case- think ill stick with this one for now.

really appreciate your feedback!

StellaRossa

Honorable
Dec 11, 2012
if l understand you well you think that 660 will botleneck 3570k ? No you are wrong gtx 660 is good card and it cant bottleneck 3570k.You need much older card to bottleneck 3570k.

lazarusfaye

Honorable
May 13, 2013

so u think overclocking the 3570k will improve gameplay [like frame rates, for example] even though ill just have a single gtx 660?

lazarusfaye

Honorable
May 13, 2013

ok and lets say ill take the 3570k and a single 660 [with plans on adding another within a year or so].
with the seasonic you suggested [i think i found a place that sells it]
and the msi motherboard- do you think everything fits together? any other changes that i might need to make?