H100i Push-pull efficiency?

kelpt

Honorable
Mar 29, 2013
I have a h100i cooling my 2600k@4.5 was just woundering how much more efficient would a push-pull config really be? Right now at full load running i peak at about 65c.

That's not to bad. I have the H100 in push/pull. It didn't make a significant difference, maybe 2-3c, but it's a lot louder.

A good way to make it cooler is to under-volt using negative offset. My 2500k is 10-15C cooler after under-volt and completely stable, I got a good chip though, had another one doing -120 offset too.

Push/Pull will get you better performance than just plain push or pull, however the difference wont be that much.
The reason it will make a difference as it increases the Static Pressure of the air going through the rad, which can be likened to how hard it is being pushed. This is pretty important when your talking thick, high FPI (Fins per Inch) radiators but the H100i is neither.

You will see benefits, but dont expect anything dramatic. Might even be worth going with shrouds instead, as that gives you more effective cooling area since the dead spot in airflow behind the fan motor is lessened, rather than just forcing the air through it harder.