Computer turns on for about one second, then turs off and wont restart until i unplug the PSU and wait a little while.

tyfferegle

Honorable
Apr 7, 2013
Just let me say first that this computer has worked flawlessly for about one week. There has been no problems what so ever.
I have built several computers earlier, so I know I connected everything properly and correctly.

It contains:
1 stk Cooler Master Elite 310 Black/Silver

1 stk Corsair CX V2 430W PSU

1 stk Intel® LGA1155 Core i3-3220

1 stk MSI B75MA-P45, Socket-1155

1 stk Kingston DDR3 1333MHz 4GB KIT CL9

1 stk Sapphire Radeon HD7750 1GB GDDR3 PCI-E

1 stk Samsung SSD 840 Series 120GB BK

1 stk OEM DVD-RW

I ordered this computer from the Nordic web store called Komplett.no.

The Problem:

When I try to start the computer the fans both in front and rear, and also the CPU fan spins for about one second. You can also hear the computer trying to boot.
It then shuts down again, and I can not restart it (nothing happens) until I pull the cable from the PSU and then put it pack in. This allows me to repeat the process of the starting for about 1 second then powering back down..

Does this indicate a bad PSU or does it indicate that the MB is somehow broken?

Please share any knowledge regarding this post freely, as I really need a solution to my problem as quickly as possible!

Best regards Even.

Hi, I would firstly try borrowing a power supply and test. It looks like a power issue, but I would firstly make sure it's a power supply issue.
You can also try the PSU paperclip test. Connect one or more fans to the PSU molex.

tyfferegle

Honorable
Apr 7, 2013
Thanks for a quick reply. I am testing the system With the Power supply from my primary system right now to see if that Works.

Are you saying I should just remove everything from the PSU and try it With a fan?

Best regards Even..

tyfferegle

Honorable
Apr 7, 2013
What I did was I moved the 24 pin and the 4 pin for the CPU over to the non-working computer without removing the PSU from my primary system. Then I tried to Power it up and nothing happened. Did I do something wrong doing this? Do I need to move the entire PSU to the New computer?

tyfferegle

Honorable
Apr 7, 2013
I can also verify that the Fan in the PSU spins up along With the one cooling the CPU and the two fans providing air flow.

Anything else I can do to make sure it is the PSU that is the problem?
Or is it the Mobo?

Hard to say. Can you borrow a power supply? If not , I suggest RMA-ing it, as it is under warranty.
Test also without SSD. See if still the same, but I suspect the PSU.
The next on the list: motherboard.

tyfferegle

Honorable
Apr 7, 2013
I did test it without SSD. I also tried testing it without the Video Card. I also tried With only one memory stick at once, With both of them.

So you dont think it is the motherboard?

tyfferegle

Honorable
Apr 7, 2013
I'm sure I can Return it, since it's been about a week since I bought it. I'll try that, and if that does not work then I'll try placing all the Components on another motherboard and see if that does the trick. (cant do this right now as I dont have Access to another one at the moment).

I did test it With another PSU and then it booted prorerly, so I'll try this.

Thank you so much for you help! I really appreciate this!

Best regards Even :)