SAPPHIRE HD 7970 3GB or ZOTAC GTX 670 2GB

fauzan_22

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2013
Hello everyone I'm here today to ask if I should get http:// or http://
I'm getting both the cards at the same price and the games I'm going to play are bf3,crysis 3,batman arkham asylum and city,assassins creed series,bioshock infinte,sleeping dogs,skyrim.I would also like to know if the hd 7970 will fit comfortably in my nzxt lexa s case.Also which of the 2 cards will run watch dogs,bf4,splinter cell blacklist and call of duty ghosts on max settings with smooth fps.I'm kind of leaning towards the hd 7970 as my last two cards have been amd cards and I've been very happy with them on the other hand I got a gtx 560 once but its drivers kept crashing so I replaced it for an hd 6870 and was very happy with it so I'm worried if the same might happen with the gtx 670.
My main concern is if the particular hd 7970 model that I've linked will fit in my nzxt lexa s case or not.
Eagerly waiting for your replies thanks in advance.

notea

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2011
the Zotac 670 AMP is the fastest 670 available and is faster than a reference 680 or 7970, keep in mind that its a bit loud and consumes more power than a stock 670, but then you can overclock the 7970 and get the performance of a Ghz edition quite easily, try to get a 7970 with a custom cooler such as a sapphire 7970 dual-X or Vapor -X cards as they tend to run quieter and cooler than reference coolers found on the 7970 plus they come with the AMD never settle bundle with Crysis 3 and Bioshock Infinite download codes which is a really great value for money

fauzan_22

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2013
First of all thanks a lot for your quick replies.
@ lt_dan_zsu yes its a mid tower but the official nzxt specs states that I will be able to fit a 10.5 inch card but the sapphire hd 7970 21197-00-40G is around 11 inches I think so can you can look into that and tell me for sure please,and I'm also thinking of getting the hd 7970 but the main factor thats stopping me is that if it will fit comfortably in my lexa s case or not also sapphire is giving 3 years warranty where as zotac is offering 5 years warranty so thats also to be taken into consideration.thanks for your help.

@ notea I understand that the gtx 670 amp is very fast but I wasn't aware that its louder and consumes more power,on the case of overclocking I must say that I'm not of an overclocker and when ever I've tried overclocking a cpu or gpu the results haven't been pretty so overclocking is pretty much out of the question atleast for the time being it is.Regarding the sapphire vapour x,dual x cards unfortunately I won't be able to get them as they are more expensive and above 11 inches.My only option is the sapphire hd 7970 21197-00-40G as I think its just under 11 inches and hopefully will fit in my lexa s case,also regarding game bundles,there is isn't any bundles with either of the cards but that isn't a problem as pc games over here are a bit cheaper.

Again thanks for your replies,also I forgot to add that I'll be gaming on 1080p and pretty sure that I'll be playing on 1080p for a pretty long time.

notea

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2011
well, according to the sapphire website, the reference 7970 is 10.8 (275mm) inches long, so i dont think it will fit into the NZXT Lexa S case, if you can remove the middle 3.5inch drive bay, then it should fit comfortably, if not, you're out of luck and will have to cut it to fit a large GPU, otherwise, you'll have to go for a smaller PCB GPU - the 670, the Zotac is only 10 inches and will fit comfortably with a 1/2 inch of free space, moreover, if you dont plan to overclock, the Zotac will be definitely the faster card, if you have no other options such as ASUS/MSI/EVGA, id say go for the Zotac 670 AMP, here's a review on it

1: Toms Hardware: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-670-test-review,3217.html

2: TPU: http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Zotac/GeForce_GTX_670_Amp_Edition/1.html

Also, @1080p, the 670 is more than enough for current gen games

fauzan_22

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2013
@notea unfortunately the drive bay isn't removable and cutting it out is also out of the question.Looks like I might be getting the zotac amp gtx 670.Although a while back I read on a forum that contrary to the official specs the lexa s can fit an 11 inch card,I hope someone with a nzxt lexa s can confirm this.

Thanks a lot for everyone's help and support,I'll be making my purchase on Monday and will update my post then.thanks again.

notea

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2011

if you already have the case, why not open it and do the measurement, easiest way to know if it'll fit

fauzan_22

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2013
Well I took the measurements and interestingly enough according to that I can fit a graphic card almost 11 inches in size and here's the picture http://
So this means I won't have a problem fitting a 10.83 inch card right?

notea

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2011

looks like its good to go, but just barely

fauzan_22

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2013
Also there is one more thing that came to my mind that is which of the two cards will run cooler considering the city that I live in has a hot and humid climate all year round.thanks.

macwin

Honorable
Dec 8, 2012
Hello,

If am using Zotac Amp edition Gtx 670 not the normal Gtx 670 .

Zotac amp edition is the coolest and has highest clock speed out of box of any gtx 670 out there as its factory overclocked.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-670-test-review,3217-16.html

My experience :
At stock : Gpu runs quite cool at 63 on full load and 34/32 C idel ( note my room temp is 28 C -30 C )
About noise its ok u won't feel u are running a nuclear power inside your machine .
At least i can't hear it unless i stick my ear to the case .

Powerconsumption : Kepler is smart GPU load is high it will use full power if its low it consumes very less . It all depends upon GPU usage .

Kelper gpu have thing called Boost clock it overclocks automatically to give extra performance .

Note : U can overclock more then boost clock gives but all depends on quality of chip of Gtx 670 u get .

About crashing : So far nvidia has given excellent support to kepler gpu by releasing beta drives to new games giving smooth frames and no crash .

notea

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2011

The 670 will run cooler, as it has custom Cooler, also Kepler GPUs are quite efficient and runs cooler than AMD 79xx cards when both are using stock coolers, they also consume less power, this is a review on seven 670's, its a relatively old article but the cards are the same, take a look Noise and Temp - seven 670s
Its the same article i posted earlier but take a look at the temps, the zotac is the coolest 670 out there