Graphics card trouble

Hotshot258

Honorable
Mar 28, 2013
So I'm trying to play WoW and my graphics card driver keeps crashing. It's an Nvidia GeForce 9800M GS and I have all the updates on it. I even went and did a clean sweep and installed the latest update on it as well. I have the graphics setting on WoW on good (low, fair, good, high, ultra) as that's where I seem to get the best framerate for graphics handoff. It will run for about 2 mins or until I move a few steps, kind of flash up, and crash me to the homescreen. I'm running on Windows 8 64-bit. Any suggestions? Do I need to update anything else? My laptop is a ASUS G50VT-X5. Any help is appreciated as I don't want to end up hurting my laptop with unnecessary downloads.

Mahisse

Distinguished
Check the temperatures of your graphic card while you're running WoW. When did the problem start? Did you update any drivers just before the problem occured? If so you may want to roll back a driver version.

When did you bought that laptop?
My suggest is 3-4 years ago? It could be an overheating due to dust..
You can clean your laptop, make sure all dust is gone, after that try play some games... :)

Hotshot258

Honorable
Mar 28, 2013
It only crashes in WoW. I can run civ 5 although it lags a bit after an hour or so, and can run team fortress 2 no problem. I just got the laptop from my stepdad, and it required a driver update when I downloaded the game client onto the laptop. I downloaded the latest one and then all this started happening.