ASRock Extreme 6 Z77 Help

Hi everyone,

I need help getting my brother's computer to work. It boots and gets through BIOS/UEFI. But the problem is as windows is starting the computer does a reset. Windows will never finish coming up.

System Specs:
Motherboard: ASRock Exteme 6 Z77 (Bios 2.70)
CPU: Intel i5-3570k
RAM: G SKill http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231568
Graphics card: Have used both onboard & external EVGA GTX 260
PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower 700w
Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 ST31000528AS

Additional Details:
I know that the CPU, RAM, and graphics card are good. I put the CPU & RAM into my PC and they ran fine. The graphics card was from the older build so it should be good too. My brother did a RMA with ASRock on the motherboard and he received a new one (confirmed by checking serial numbers). I have tried a combination of 3 different hard drives with windows 7 & windows XP on them. All 3 hard drives fail to boot.

I'm going to try running Ubuntu from the CD next and see if that works.

*Edit: This same issue occurred on both motherboards. This was the reason why we did the original RMA on the first z77. This issue is occurring on the new one as well.
9 answers Last reply
More about asrock extreme z77
  1. While you're at it, run a memtest86.
  2. ksham said:
    While you're at it, run a memtest86.

I actually did that on the first motherboard before we RMA'd it. Memtest passed 100%. Thanks though.
  3. Did the Linux LiveCD work?
  4. Yes, I just ran the Ubuntu 12.0 live CD and that seems to work fine. I'm really hoping that I can somehow fix this without a Windows reinstall.
  5. Hmm... could be an installation issue. I was just getting around to that. I know that sometimes, I have to reinstall Windows or even Linux. Not sure why.
  6. Thanks for the information, I am running a backup right now, I will perform windows reinstall tonight.
  7. Well the windows reinstall did it. Seems really strange but I'm just happy its working!
  8. Ditto. Enjoy!
  9. I certainly will, thanks!
Ask a new question

Read More

ASrock Windows Computers BIOS Motherboards Graphics Cards