Why are the English speaking UK/USA topics still not combined?

Status
Not open for further replies.

daglesj

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2007
As a UK based person everytime I use the site to comment I still have to slide down to the bottom and select the US version otherwise you are basically talking to yourself or spammers.

I was told this was coming over a year ago and with all the changes recently I thought this would be sensible to do but it still appears that it hasn't.

Just merge the English parts already. Please!

justinblue

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2008
daglesj,

I'm not sure. I was hoping they would be by now as well. Stick with us though, I promise it is going to be done at some point! I'm sorry its taking so long :(

Justin

jpishgar

Splendid
Overlord Emeritus
Following up on this one:
Merging the news commentary isn't possible, because there is news that is posted to the UK site that never appears on the US site, and vice versa, including contests and giveaways that apply only to Europe or America. What was done, though, is we've provided access to the news and article commentary areas with pretty easy access from the forum home page itself. Previously, you'd have to manually navigate to either commentary section. With the new functionality, you can, as you mention, scroll to the bottom and find these as subforum categories and browse them.

Status
Not open for further replies.