Looking for an entry level BGA Reflow system.

davidske

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2011
I am in the market for an entry level BGA Rework system, any suggestions. I repair computers , mostly laptops and the last 5 to 6 laptops repairs have had video problems ( GPU ). Trying to re-flow without proper equipment is not very reliable.

panos1

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2011
Hi,
I use JOVY RE-7500 infrared rework station. It is not the cheapest but it't quality is great and has a lot of features. I also place an under fill called " BGA COAT " under the GPU before the reflow. This way I have a high success rate and I practically have no returns from customers. RE-7500 should be quite easy to buy for around 1500Euro from various dealers and you can order BGA COAT for 25Euro from here http://www.computer-systems.gr/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=157&category_id=19&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=75

Ace M

Reputable
May 2, 2014
The jovy and achi ir pro sc are both common machines used in rework however due to them being made in china their are quality issues and support is a problem http://thebgareworkmachine.com is a bga rework station made in usa

i am glad you realize you need to invest in the proper equipment, i am not a fan of people that THINK a heat gun can do the same thing

that bga coat thing is something i am not familiar with and will need to investigate if it helps with repair success

instrument

Reputable
Mar 3, 2014
That's not easy-to-do job, any mistake or inproper equipment may lead to fail. I do have a BIRD IR 300 station and a JBC TOOLS RMST-2B service hot air station. They aren't cheap, but that's my job for already 15 years, I just can't make any compromises with that.

Ace M

Reputable
May 2, 2014
The BIRD IR 3000 has a very tiny preheater and it uses chinese heater which causes uneven heating, and is only suitable for small boards with small packages

TRENDING THREADS