katwoman

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2011
I have an amd athlon(tm)XP 3200+
220GHz. 3.00 GB of RAM
however it now reads...
amd athlon(XP)
1.05GHz. 3.00GB of RAM

Is there anyone that can help me get the speed back up to where it should be?
I have had this problem b4 and someone here helped me a long time ago. If I could remember how to do it I would be I can't. Please help me again.
please?
thank you in advance.
Kat

katwoman

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2011

katwoman

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2011
how do I enter bios please? I dont remember any of this I am sorry. I have gotten older and have lost some of my memory.

Weird. According to the values, the CPU speed should be higher.
There is a jumper on the board that enables higher FSB values, but I guess that nobody changed the jumper position, since you said the CPU used to run at higher speed.
Any idea what changed the system? How have you discovered the low CPU speed?

katwoman

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2011
My husband and I both noticed it. I bought a monitor and it didn't fit the hole in my desk. I changed the resolution a couple times and the refresh rate and it kept going back to 60 hertz. then there is a game he plays called bejeweled blitz and it was jumping and lagging badly really badly. can hardly play it now and the sound even lags, then I checked the sys properties and it is half what it used to be. and here I am.
someone helped me a few yrs ago and he had the same problem and he gave me his settings and it worked for me too. I spose I could go by my book and wing it hopefully it would work. that is if the book is right for me and my pc right? at this point that is... unless somone can come up with something else.
anthing at this point will be helpful.

katwoman

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2011
I sent the new monitor back and am using an older monitor now but will be getting a new monitor like the one I had b4.