Worth buying a new mobo and CPU for haswell?

Recently I have gotten into streaming games on Twitch.tv but have troubles getting a great quality stream without ramping up the bitrate because of my CPU (i5 3570k) not being able to compress fast enough. To counter this I was planning on getting an i7 3770k but then I heard of the new Haswell processors coming out. Would it be worth also getting a new Mobo to accomodate the upcoming i7 4770k - that's what I would be getting - for my purposes? Or would the i7 3770k do me just fine?
2 answers Last reply
More about worth buying mobo cpu haswell
  1. I'm trying to figure this out too. But I'd wait for benchmarks in your case. Have you considered an AMD FX processor? I heard those were better at video handling.

Haswell is rumored to only be a 6-7% performance boost as intel is working on efficency for next-gen laptops/tabletos.
  2. AMD FX 8320/8350 are better for video rendering/encoding/streaming.

However, Haswell is about 6-7% real world gain over IB. If you think it's worth $400+ for 6% then go right ahead...I don't think you're better off for it though.

Upgrading to the FX8350 + 970 series mobo will set you back about $260-270...and you will see improvement in rendering/streaming.
Ask a new question

Read More

Intel i7 CPUs