Sign in with
Your question

My new graphics card powers up but has no video output

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 14, 2013 10:36:32 AM

I bought an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 FTW to upgrade from a Asus AMD Radeon HD 6670.

When I have the GPU in, all of the components seem to start up as usual. However, there is no video output. If I plug in a monitor to the motherboard's chipset I get video. If I try to install the 670 drivers from there it says there is no compatible hardware.

I've checked that it's seated correctly a thousand times and I figure the cables must be correct because it's getting power (it requires 2x6 pin into the GPU).

I have no clue why this is happening. Any help would be great.

Thanks.
a b U Graphics card
May 14, 2013 10:58:53 AM

GoMrJoe said:
I bought an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 FTW to upgrade from a Asus AMD Radeon HD 6670.

When I have the GPU in, all of the components seem to start up as usual. However, there is no video output. If I plug in a monitor to the motherboard's chipset I get video. If I try to install the 670 drivers from there it says there is no compatible hardware.

I've checked that it's seated correctly a thousand times and I figure the cables must be correct because it's getting power (it requires 2x6 pin into the GPU).

I have no clue why this is happening. Any help would be great.

Thanks.

Clear CMOS, connect monitor to the onboard DVI/VGA output, select PCIe display in bios, and see if it displays correctly

!