Sign in with
Your question

compability problem of mobo with ram or a faulty stick?

Last response: in Memory
May 14, 2013 12:12:41 PM

i have this mobo http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=... and recently i bought this ram http://www.ec.kingston.com/ecom/configurator_new/partsi... and when i installed it my pc would stuck in the bios at the line where memory size is shown..it showed the correct size of the ram and then it would stuck there...is it a compabillity problem or the ram is faulty?
a c 174 } Memory
May 14, 2013 12:45:28 PM

Hello Gerry,

The memory which you have purchased is compatible with your motherboard and it should work.

Remove the old (original) memory. Try installing the new memory alone in the slots. See if the error continues. Before trying the above process, it is best if you could update the BIOS of your motherboard. The latest BIOS addresses the memory compatibility issues. (Dated 20/8/2010)

If the memory does not work alone even after the BIOS upgrade then there might be a possibility the memory might be defective. Personally I do not think the memory is defective since the BIOS is detecting it. So the above process should fix it.

Let me know how it goes. Good luck.
May 14, 2013 1:15:06 PM

hi legohouse and thank you for your fast reply...i have already tried all the fixes that you recommnet and the problem was not fixed...one thing i did not metion is that i updated my bios with @bios within windows and not with Qflash within the bios...do you think this has anything to do with the problem?
Related resources
a c 174 } Memory
May 14, 2013 1:52:15 PM

Gerry Bezhani said:
hi legohouse and thank you for your fast reply...i have already tried all the fixes that you recommnet and the problem was not fixed...one thing i did not metion is that i updated my bios with @bios within windows and not with Qflash within the bios...do you think this has anything to do with the problem?

No, I do not think that makes much diff. If the BIOS is updated, then it is. Alright, this seems strange as the BIOS detects the memory but does this problem continue with old memory? If it just the new memory then the memory might be defective but you can confirm that by a memory test. Test the memory using memtest86. If it is defective then you might wanna try this site for compatible memory.

Note: 64Bit OS is necessary for the system recognize 4GB or more memory.

May 14, 2013 1:58:40 PM

no my old memory wich is this http://www.valueram.com/datasheets/kvr1333d3n9_2g.pdf works just fine and also o can not test my ram with memtest86 since i can not get to the poiont where i can select boot device cause my pc freezes bofore that...also i noticed that the memory that i am having problems is single rank...do you think that this have to do anything woth the problem?...thanks again for the support
a c 174 } Memory
May 14, 2013 3:39:39 PM

Hello Gerry,

Yes, perhaps it might be the cause. I just noticed in the QVL list that all the 4GB and 2GB modules are Dual rank memory (2R). Hence, try installing a dual rank 4GB (2R) module. Hope it works. #fingers crossed
August 2, 2013 9:47:08 AM

ok changed the ram for a dul rank memory....problem solved...:D 
a c 174 } Memory
August 2, 2013 11:18:37 AM

Gerry Bezhani said:
ok changed the ram for a dul rank memory....problem solved...:D 

Well, glad to hear that everything worked out for you. Cheers, mate!!! :cheese: 
!