What should I do? Buy my laptop now or later?

blacklight11

Honorable
May 14, 2013
I am just days away from graduating from high school and need to buy a laptop for college next year. After some research and based off my $1000 limit, I have grown pretty confident that I plan on buying an ASUS N56VJ-DH71 (http://www.amazon.com/N56VJ-DH71-15-6-Inch-Full-HD-1080P-Laptop/dp/B009M2X8OW)

However I'm afraid that as soon as I buy it, the price will go down or a new laptop will come into my price range. I don't necessarily need the laptop right now, however it would be much more convenient if I did. Based off of all of this, do you guys think I should get it now, or wait a couple months to buy it just before college starts?

what are you going to use it for? demanding applications, gaming, generic notetaking and surfing?

if all you want is a basic laptop for note taking, web surfing and the like then you can get away with a cheaper model.
if you want to run some more demanding applications or some light gaming then what you picked out will probably work fine.

5400 rpm drives are slow as heck though. within a few months i popped mine out for a ssd drive and can boot in 9 seconds or under.

if you plan on getting windows 8 its going to take some getting used to so buying now would give you time to learn it. personally i would rather stick with windows 7. you will also have a few months to get everything set up on your laptop how you like it before you need to start college.

bitboxer

Honorable
Apr 30, 2013
For me, I think it's better to buy now before your college start. There's no different if you buy now and later.