Sign in with
Your question

GTX 660 little too high temperature ?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 14, 2013 3:15:24 PM

Hello, i've bought new machine with MSI N660 TF 2GD5/OC in it.. i've been able to fin out some info bout this GPU and everyone is talking about how low temperatures this card is reaching (55-60 mostly), yet i'm reaching 75-83 in battlefield 3/guild wars2 (fullHD maxed both).. So i just wanted to ask if this heat level is safe or there might be something wrong ? @ Nvidia.com there is written that 660's should be fine untill 97°C ... well 83 is kinda close to ite and it feels to me a bit like bottlenecking

P.S.: Since PC is new there is no dust ;)  and no i haven't OCed anything
May 14, 2013 3:19:52 PM

There is absolutely no problem with your temperatures. Nothing at all to worry about.
Related resources
May 14, 2013 3:22:15 PM

If you're hitting the 80's you're getting a little toasty, like above, try out a custom fan profile on afterburner, also, visually verify that the card has plenty of airflow in the case and that the fan(s) are working properly
May 14, 2013 5:44:31 PM

two things: use custom fan profile (can be done using third party software like msi own after burner) and make sure your case has good air flow.
May 15, 2013 12:19:57 AM

Yup, air flow should be fine (two suckers in the front + one huge side fan.
Already got downloaded MSI afterburner and in auto mode it used 50-55% fan speed so where approximately should I set it (temp//speed) ?
BTW thank you all for the answers ! ;) 
May 15, 2013 12:33:38 PM

Lukas Jezek said:
Yup, air flow should be fine (two suckers in the front + one huge side fan.
Already got downloaded MSI afterburner and in auto mode it used 50-55% fan speed so where approximately should I set it (temp//speed) ?
BTW thank you all for the answers ! ;) 

Mine is set so that the fan speed is 10 units higher than the temp. So if the card is running at 50C, the fan speed will be 60%. That's really aggressive and you don't need to make your fans go that fast though. Experiment and try to keep the temp under 70-80 degrees.
!