GTX 660 little too high temperature ?

Hello, i've bought new machine with MSI N660 TF 2GD5/OC in it.. i've been able to fin out some info bout this GPU and everyone is talking about how low temperatures this card is reaching (55-60 mostly), yet i'm reaching 75-83 in battlefield 3/guild wars2 (fullHD maxed both).. So i just wanted to ask if this heat level is safe or there might be something wrong ? @ Nvidia.com there is written that 660's should be fine untill 97°C ... well 83 is kinda close to ite and it feels to me a bit like bottlenecking

P.S.: Since PC is new there is no dust ;) and no i haven't OCed anything
7 answers Last reply
More about gtx 660 high temperature
  1. Download MSI Afterburner and set up a custom fan curve to keep your card cooler.

http://www.overclock.net/t/646422/how-to-adjust-your-fan-curve-in-msi-afterburner
  2. There is absolutely no problem with your temperatures. Nothing at all to worry about.
  3. If you're hitting the 80's you're getting a little toasty, like above, try out a custom fan profile on afterburner, also, visually verify that the card has plenty of airflow in the case and that the fan(s) are working properly
  4. two things: use custom fan profile (can be done using third party software like msi own after burner) and make sure your case has good air flow.
  5. Yup, air flow should be fine (two suckers in the front + one huge side fan.
    Already got downloaded MSI afterburner and in auto mode it used 50-55% fan speed so where approximately should I set it (temp//speed) ?
    BTW thank you all for the answers ! ;)
  6. Lukas Jezek said:
    Yup, air flow should be fine (two suckers in the front + one huge side fan.
    Already got downloaded MSI afterburner and in auto mode it used 50-55% fan speed so where approximately should I set it (temp//speed) ?
    BTW thank you all for the answers ! ;)

Mine is set so that the fan speed is 10 units higher than the temp. So if the card is running at 50C, the fan speed will be 60%. That's really aggressive and you don't need to make your fans go that fast though. Experiment and try to keep the temp under 70-80 degrees.
  7. Nice little chart showing how much the increase in fan speed contributes to higher noise levels.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/graphics/display/asus-evga-gigabyte-inno3d-galaxy-msi-palit-zotac-geforce-gtx-660-ti_9.html#sect0

And the temperatures generated on an Open Test Bench (your results will likely be higher) using Maximum fans versus Auto fans.

Ask a new question

Read More

Temperature Graphics