Graphics card Crash?

gish88

Honorable
Aug 18, 2012
When I play some games my screens turn black and disconnect and it sounds like the audio freezes (it makes a loud buzzing noise). The only way out once my computer does this is a hard reset. I have a Sapphire radeon 7850 HD and I think it's my card. It didn't used to do it but it just started when I played bioshock infinite and has done it quite a few times while playing that game and once while playing league of legends. I re-installed the drivers and it still happens. What do I do? Is my card bad? I haven't even had it a year.

cobalt77

Honorable
May 14, 2013
It could be an unstable overclock. If you're overclocked, reset the clock speeds to default and report back. Try rolling back the drivers to the previous ones if that doesn't work.

Does it crash with other games too?

gish88

Honorable
Aug 18, 2012
It isn't overclocked, I haven't tried playing any other games since it first crashed, so it has only happened during bioshock and lol. I used to play a lot of skyrim and it never did this.

gish88

Honorable
Aug 18, 2012
I think it may be faulty, or could it be overheating? I downloaded a GPU temp monitoring program (hwmonitor) and it get to like 80 C within a couple minutes of playing.