Unboxing BlackBerry Q10: The Hardware Keyboard Wonder

Status
Not open for further replies.

acadia11

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010
Iphone 4 was my main phone, and torch was my work phone, previously 9700 which was one of best bberries ever. Long story short, I got the Z10 to use as work phone, it's now my main phone. Yes, it was so good, it replaced my iphone. I just played with the Q10, the Q10 is going to be my work phone and Z10 will stay my personal main phone, who would have known I'd be all Bberry and iPhone is going on the shelf. Heck I can sell it.

My COO was all BB, now he hates the iPhone he's got ( the interface is too stupid and convoluted ) and can't wait to get his hands on a Z10 and a Q10 to try. Considering the fact that he used to love the tactile feel of the old keyboard, I would be willing to bet it will be the Q10 for him.

acadia11

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010

I wouldn't call the iOS clunky, just in comparison to be BB10. It's the same issue BB had in the past with BBOS 5,6, 7 was better (they felt clunky and looked clunky compared ot android and iOS) but BB10 has now surpassed iOS and android in feel and flow. Well literally BB10 is called flow. I still think iOS would be easier for someones grandmother to use, since, it's just push button based where as BB10 is gestures based (think minority report Tom Cruise for people who don't get the difference between gestures and push button). iOS and Android definitely feel dated and antiquated when up against BB10. Once BB10 app store grows, for myself, I wouldn't have any compelling reason to go back to an iPhone. BB10 is that good.

Yeah, well, try to tell that to my COO. LOL. In Android at least there are 3-4 ways to achieve the same goal (like getting into some settings, for instance), depending on what/how is more convenient for you, whereas in iOS you have to quit whatever you're doing to achieve that (in several clicks). No true multitasking, either. I tend to agree with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.