Need help with photoshop (painting) computer build

Frank Strong

Honorable
May 15, 2013
Hello. I've been thinking about buying a computer lately since the last one broke down some time ago. It's come to my attention that building my pc will give me more bang for my buck as I want to build one dedicated to photoshop and maybe other similar programs along with graphic tablets for example an intous 5. Also the pc will have to perform well with a large monitor. I have no idea where to start though and not I'm exactly tech savvy. I feel it would be best if someone here can suggest to me a 'computer build' suited for this. My budget is around 1200 euros.

RabidSnail

Honorable
May 4, 2013
Im not sure what you plan on using photoshop for, but my desktop has 16gb of memory and sometimes it struggles with the large documents i do. So think about getting at least 16GB of ram. and as far as the ssd, Make sure you get at least 120gb. Some adobe products dont allow you to change the scratch disk, so you want to make sure you have pleanty of spare room on the ssd for that. not to mention the adobe suite is large to begin with