Is Cooler Master 525 watt enough for i5-3570k / FX-8350 ?

Medo227

Honorable
May 3, 2013
I already own this PSU and sapphire HD 7770 vapor X ( it needs 450 watt ), but im gonna upgrade CPU and mobo with i5-3570k with MB z77 pro3 or FX-8350 with MB extreme 4.I didnt decide yet..

Is this PSU cable of running them with no issue or limitation ?
And if i wanted to make a crossfire will it fit or i will need to go for a higher PSU ?

euphoria4949

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2012
Hi there,

Well to answer your first question, 525w will be ok unless you are going to do some serious overclocking and/or have lots of extra components such as: loads of fans plus a fan controller and lots of HDD's/SSD's, a custom loop water cooler..e.t.c..

As for Crossfire, that would be a no, you would need to upgrade your PSU. For 2x 7770's plus everything else and allowing for a bit of headroom for OC'ing, extra components and the PSU's efficiency I would say 650w would be a minimum 700w to be safe.

And on a separate note, is the main use of your rig going to be gaming???

Medo227

Honorable
May 3, 2013

Yes it will be for gaming . For overclocking i wont go further the official turbo boost 3.6-3.8 ghz .

logainofhades

Titan

You can do 4.0-4.3 and leave voltages on auto. With a good cooler your temps will be just fine.

euphoria4949

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2012

Ok well you'll be fine my friend =) As stated above, no disrespect intended, but Cooler Masters PSU's are a bit.... Meh :-\
If you decide to crossfire in the future you'll need to upgrade your PSU, Seasonic are regarded across the whole PC geeky world as the best, some other brands like Corsair actually use Seasonic PSU's and just rebrand them so that's always a good thing to look out for.
Here are a couple of brilliant and useful guides when looking for a new PSU in the future:

List of PSU manufacture.
PSU reviews

Medo227

Honorable
May 3, 2013
Ok well you'll be fine my friend =) As stated above, no disrespect intended, but Cooler Masters PSU's are a bit.... Meh :-\
If you decide to crossfire in the future you'll need to upgrade your PSU, Seasonic are regarded across the whole PC geeky world as the best, some other brands like Corsair actually use Seasonic PSU's and just rebrand them so that's always a good thing to look out for.
Here are a couple of brilliant and useful guides when looking for a new PSU in the future:

List of PSU manufacture.
PSU reviews
[/quotemsg]

well i want to add little more detail.. i searched the type of my PSU and i found that it doesn't reach 525w its like 470-500w and it doesn't support PFC either , so does that make any difference or shall i make the purchase for the CPU ?

euphoria4949

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2012

well i want to add little more detail.. i searched the type of my PSU and i found that it doesn't reach 525w its like 470-500w and it doesn't support PFC either , so does that make any difference or shall i make the purchase for the CPU ?[/quotemsg]

Hmmmm :-\ In that case, personally I would purchase a new PSU. It's a pain, but decent 500w don't cost the earth these days, or if you wanted to you could always shell out for the 700w now so you have it for when you want to crossfire.