Metro last light GPU usages and performance

G

Hi guys so i just played a bit of metro last light and i noticed quite low gpu usage and not the best fps. This is strange because normally my PC has a lot of horsepower but for some reason the game doesn't use it. So I'm wondering what fps and gpu usage are you guys getting, what settings are you using and on what hardware.
my PC specs:
ASUS P8P67 Pro motherboard
i7 2600 4.3GHz
8gb ddr3 ram
EVGA gtx 690(no OC)
palit gtx 560 2gb for Physx
CM silent pro hybrid 1300w PSU
HAF-X case and corsair H100i CPU cooler

I'm using 320.14 beta drivers and I'm getting around 50-58% GPU usage on the 690 and 10-15 on the 560 and fps sometimes drops to 50 and I'm not using SSAA. Removing the Vsync eproves fps but i still dont get something like 90% gpu usage and my cpu is far from maxed.

habe tried disabling one gpu and see how the gpu usage? about physx processor i don't know if there is a game with gpu accelerated stuff can push dedicated physx usage to the fullest. from my observation even games like batman only capable to utilize around 30% tops for physx processing by dedicated gpu

namelessonez

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
You are more than good to run Metro on a single 690. Try disabling the 560 (as renz suggested). Really won't need the second GPU, which may just turn out to be the issue.

I would say that there is an excessive amount of power in your setup, which isn't needed by the title, therefore the lack of 100% usage. Just my 2 cents!

G

GPU usage with multi-GPU disabled can go up but i get the same 60-80 fps but I have to but vsync off and that sucks.

G

The lowest they got was 48 for a second. and usually they stay at 55-58 with vsync.