need all drivers

no1attitude

Honorable
May 15, 2013
hi,

i formatted my computer and thought i could find the drivers easy enough online but holy was i wrong. all drivers are needed. i searched the lenovo site and no drivers are listed. any help is greatly appreciated. thx in advance.
running windows xp
computer is a thinkcentre mt-m 8171-21f

Hello and welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums.

Go into Control Panel>System>Hardware>Device Manager, right click the Network Adapters and you should see the ethernet device with a yellow mark beside it, so right click that and go to Properties.

Click the Details tab, then scroll to Hardware IDs and note down the four characters after VEN for Vendor and the four which follow DEV for Device. Go to http://www.pcidatabase.com and input those details in the relevant boxes and you will see the list of all the right manufacturer's products but sadly, they aren't in order. Use Internet Explorers Edit menu then Find to type in the DEVice ID and the search will find the correct entry. Follow the link to the site for the correct driver and download it.

Once the network is up and running, you can let Windows sort out each individual driver by searching the Net for it. The only reason this exercise should fail is if you were running Vista or something more recent and have reverted to XP.