Sign in with
Your question

Building a Gaming Computer for shogun 2/ rome 2 total war

Last response: in Components
May 15, 2013 1:40:21 PM

Hi guys (I'm new so go easy),
As the title suggests I want to build my own PC that will be capable of playing shogun 2/ rome 2 total war on ultra graphics.
It would be amazing if someone could give me a list of the components I could get, capable of what I want:
-Motherboard
-Processor
-Power supply unit
-Hard disk
-Graphics card
My budget is £800 - £850 (so $1200 - $1300) excluding monitor (1920x1080) and keyboard etc.
Would be greatly appreciated if anyone could give me an idea of what to get.
Cheers guys.
Matt

More about : building gaming computer shogun rome total war

June 6, 2013 4:02:31 PM

I'm doing /partially done the same, this is two weeks old so post back if your still tagging this thread and I'll make some suggestions.
June 25, 2013 12:26:59 PM

Diamond-HP said:
I'm doing /partially done the same, this is two weeks old so post back if your still tagging this thread and I'll make some suggestions.

Hi, im also looking for the ingredients for a great setup for total war series.
Was thinking asus x79 rampage extreme or formula4 motherboard.
Nvidia gtx 670 videocart
I7 processor

Anybody good experiences with the shogun2?
Related resources
June 25, 2013 2:09:33 PM

thjeu said:
Diamond-HP said:

Hi, im also looking for the ingredients for a great setup for total war series.
Was thinking asus x79 rampage extreme or formula4 motherboard.
Nvidia gtx 670 videocart
I7 processor

Anybody good experiences with the shogun2?

Shogun 2 is a biatch for CPU's, I'm hoping (as are most of us) that Rome II is better balanced performance wise.

I'm upgrading to an FX 8 core 4gig+ after summer so I shouldn't have any problems.
If you get an i7 CPU with a GTX 670 you won't have any issues either, tbh you don't even need to go that high but that will give you a bit of headroom or if you insist on playing Ultra graphics it's a good set up.
July 29, 2013 4:28:57 PM

They released the specs so that could give you some good guidelines as to what you need.
July 30, 2013 1:28:02 AM

Which is why I've changed my mind and will be getting the i5-4670 or the i5-3570k.
!