Will the following components work well together?

Clemroc

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013
Hello forums,

After over 6 years, my trusty old PC is definitely not able to keep up with today's technologies. I am mainly a gamer, and finally decided that I was going to invest into a new desktop. I am not asking whether I can get better parts or better prices, I would simply like to know (and double-check) that there are no compatibility issues between the pieces of the following set-up. If there are, please point out and suggest a replacement!

CPU: Intel i7-3770 3.4GHz LGA1155 Ivy Bridge Processor BX80637I73770
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H LGA1155 DDR3 Motherboard ATX
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Memory CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9
Hard Disk: WD Caviar Blue 1TB SATA 6.0 HDD WD10EZEX
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 3GB DDR5 FTW Signature 2 Video Card 03G-P4-2667-KR
Audio Card: Integrated 7.1 Channel Audio
Optical Drive: LG GH24NS72B INTERNAL 24X SUPER-MULTI SATA Optical Drive
Cooling: CORSAIR CWCH60 Hydro Water Cooler LGA1366, LGA1155, LGA2011 High-Performance CPU Cooler
Power Supply: Thermaltake Smart Series 750W Power Supply SP-750M
Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 RC-912-KKN1 Mid Tower

I would be ordering this in a few weeks time. Most of the parts have good/great reviews on Newegg. I must admit I don't like the case design too much, but it also has very good review, and fits my budget.

Thank you very much!

There are no compatibility issues

but its not a good mix of parts for a gamer either .

Use a 3570K as a cpu
spend the money you save on a better graphics card GTX 660ti or Radeon 7950
And google for reviews of the water cooler . Its not that good , and not that quiet

You need a 500 - 600 watt psu to run it . Thermaltake would never be a first choice option

The Antec 302 case is a few dollars more and much better

g-unit1111

Titan
I'd trash that whole build. You're paying too much for the motherboard, CPU, and CPU cooler at the expense of the case and GPU, and Thermaltake PSUs are trash. And don't believe what they tell you on Newegg reviews - 90% of the time they're useless BS and the 10% of DOAs reported could be easily prevented had the users taken the right precautions prior to installation. What's your budget?

Clemroc

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013

What makes you think I'm paying too much?
My focus was getting something that could work for many years, and considering the PC I have now (Asus P5kpl-AM SE motherboard, Intel pentium dual core E2200, Geforce 9600 GT, 4gb Ram), I think it's a worthwhile update.
For the sake of curiosity, my budget is around 1500$, all costs included (taxes, waranty, shipping, etc). Since I don't have the time or tools, it has to come assembled (aka all pieces from the same place, mounted there).

Moreover, as mentioned earlier, my concern is that everything works together :)

Intel recommend the 3570K for gamers , since the hyperthreading of the 3770 wont improve game performance

A better graphics card will increase game performance .

Do google some reviews of the corsair H60 . Its not a great cooler for the price

And you do only need a 500 watt psu

Clemroc

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013

Thank you, now I understand better!
Regarding the cooler, I will see what other choices my retailer offers, although they are somewhat limited.
As for the hyperthreading, perhaps it is not optimized for gaming, but it won't affect negatively either, right?

g-unit1111

Titan

Games today rely far more on the GPU than any other component, so as such I *always* recommend that you put most of your funds into getting the best GPU you can get. And if you're not overclocking you can pay far less for the motherboard and get an i5-3350P and Asrock H77 motherboard, then invest in getting a GTX 670 or a Radeon 7970. That's where you'll benefit more than getting an i7. And again - don't read too much into the Newegg or other store reviews - 90% of them are complete BS.

Clemroc

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013
Alright then, thanks all for your help! Although I doubt I can get a better cooler with my provider (unless I spend crazy bucks), I will however lower to an i5 at 3.4ghz and increase the graphics card to a 360ti instead of just 360! Again, thanks a lot for your help!