Why does everyone get into a retarded ego fight over cpus

Slinky008

Honorable
May 16, 2013
I mean really who cares if you like amd then buy amd if you like intel then buy intel it gets annoying when i try to read a thread and all i see are fanboys on both sides fighting spamming links trying to 1 up eachother when in the real world if you want the best of the best and to spend an assload of money get an intel hookup if you dont have the best budget but want something good then get amd it dosent matter its gonna be another fight on here anyways....but honestly these are Processors that you didnt make,design, or even get a margin of a percent of revenue for so why are you fighting like a bunch of 12 year olds over the last cookie

4745454b

Titan
Why do I get the feeling you are talking about threads I'm in...

I'll tell you why I do. I live in a very black and white world. I imagine this is true for a lot of tech people. It's either 1 or 0. Coke or Pepsi. Dodge or Ford. ( :p to you GM folks) When you live like this its hard for people to accept that grey might exist. I know I get caught up in things like this, but I do my best to not scream and rant like others do. And now that I'm a mod it's more important to make sure things don't get out of hand.

I also don't like it when people lie. People come to this forum for advice. The current big "lie" that I feel happens right now is when people say the AMD xxxx is as good as Intel xxxx in gaming. While the scores can often be close, even the best AMD chips have issues keeping up with even the lowest of Intels CPU in gaming. They would perform better in CPU tasks, but in gaming the i3s compare very well to even the 8320. When someone is doing a budget gaming build and people say get a 6300, the 3220 is usually a better option. The 6300 is a better CPU overall, but if its just for gaming and web use the 3220 is the better CPU.

cmi86

Distinguished
Everybody has a preference, whether it's a preference to one brand or another or just what is fastest. There is Always a preference. I do have to agree with 4745454b that a lot of folks my have trouble accepting the "grey area" where cpu's from both sides may perform better than the other. That being said I feel a lot of the "flame" comes initially from 2 sources, #1 is AMD people getting upset with nose in the air intel folks that act like just because they spent lots of money on their intel that a lower priced AMD cpu could never be better or at least comparable than their intel ever because intel is the best and AMD sucks and that's that. I can personally attest to this as seen this from several toms members many times. #2 Intel folks getting upset that AMD cpu's are even in their ballpark and in some cases beating intel CPU's. These people are also upset by 2 parties of AMD owners, some who will BS and make false claims and those who will actually provide links and benchmarks top prove their claims. When you spend all kinds of money on a big bad ferarri and get your doors blown off in a drag by a turbo civic your gonna be pissed. This I feel is the mind set of alot of intel folks when the AMD crowd steps up and speaks out. From there it will go to power consumption and other off topic of "Raw Performance" talks and from there it's just straight down the toilet into a lovely flame war.

redfoot12

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2013
As 4745454B, certain biases and prejudices are ingrained in consumers. When I was younger it had to be either Nintendo or Sega. This kind of brand loyalty carries into adulthood (sometimes irrartionally). Also, people like to justify and defend the product they choose as the owner feels it's a part of their identity (in addition to the monetary investment). You say something bad about Nvidia and that person will take it a personally, almost like you're attacking them and their value system.

anxiousinfusion

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2011
Because you don't understand! VIA is actually the best! Here are some really abstract benchmarks that support my point:
8727_900.jpg

And to further convince you that my side is better, here is some anecdotal evidence: "I use this chip and it works good so that means that all other chips aren't as good!" Do you see now?

Also, since this is the chip that I bought I cannot let myself feel any buyer's remorse over my decision. Therefore no product ever can be any better than what I spent my hard earned money on!

In conclusion, everyone should buy VIA Nano Quadcores.