Counter strike FPS LAG.

nevermore03

Honorable
May 16, 2013
1 month ago i was able to play counter strike source on highest graphics with aliasing on and other stuff but now i set everything to low and i lag with lowest graphics i am not lagging in another games can yours help me? I had always 70-300 FPS now i have 5-17 FPS :(

ryand8

Honorable
May 13, 2013
Need more information abotu your hardware to properly troubleshoot what could be happening.

Off the top of my head I think it could be one of these three things in order of likelihood:

1) Dust. Many people don't clean the inside of their computers, but dust can be a huge problem when it comes to game performance. I would suggest making sure the inside (specifically your gpu) is dust free.

2) Software. A lot of background processes can cause a lot strain on your computer thus becoming a hinderance for games. For example, if your anti-virus is running a scan in the background, chances are your game will lag. Make sure there are no background processes that could effect performance.

3) Clutter. After awhile, your files become more and more cluttered which makes accessing them a lot more difficult for your hardware. I would be sure to defragment your hard drive. You can also try verifying the integrity of your game files inside of Steam.

If none of those offer a solution to your problem, try reinstalling the game. Other than that, I can't think of what else it could be aside from hardware issues.

nevermore03

Honorable
May 16, 2013
Well actually The stuff i am going to type is : Which laptop i am using. What graphics and cpu's i have, How much RAM i have, And allot of stuffs
I have Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2430M CPU @ 2.40 2.40 (2 cpu's )
Installed ram : 4,00 GB (3,24 Available '' no problems with it )
64 Bit
And by the way i tried the game with directxlvl 8.1 And i had 60-70-80 fps it was good with everything high (except Motion blur ) IT wans't enabled cause i couldn't use it in directxlevel 8.1
i tried again with higher like directxlevel 9.0 And lagged like death again
I am not lagging on another games but i have 40-50 fps in garry's mod to with directx 9.0 level Do you have any solutions to fix this ? I formated my laptop right now and installed steam going to test my game again if you have steam you can add me if you want : purebananagaming
I am 15 years old ;) And understand almost everything ( just sayin' )