1.5V DDR2 on a 1.8V DDR2 mobo...

cc_rider

Honorable
May 16, 2013
Howdy all,
I have a Lenovo Thinkstation and I'm upgrading the RAM (finally).

Bought some RAM from 'AcmeMicro', and frankly they have been GREAT so far. But I'm a dumbass and bought the wrong RAM (as usual). I need 'Fully Buffered' instead of just 'ECC'. But no matter. They don't have the 2G FB 1.8V in stock, but they do have 1.5V in stock.

Can I use 1.5V DDR2 RAM in a 1.8V DDR2 slot?
My 'spidey-sense' says no, but since I have always been wrong about RAM every single time, I thought I should ask the folks who know.

Thanks all!
c.

edit: I'm not sure what model the beast is. It doesn't seem to have any identifiers on the chassis. Maybe it's a 'D10', whatever that means. Intel Xeon, E5420 at 2.5GHz.

edit again: I found this much by entering a number from the label on the back, Lenovo's site returned this: ThinkStation D10 (6427-CTO)

Thanks!

Legohouse

Honorable
May 13, 2013
Hello cc_rider,

I will have to be frank with you, without the model number there isn't much info I can provide nor can I resolve the issue. Hence, if you could provide me with the model number that will be of great use.

You may find the model number on the CPU chassis of the system either on the backside or on the sides. If you are not able to identify then please do a scan using the following link - http://www.memorystock.com/memscanner/SysInfo.exe

Let me know the model number.

P.S - the scanner will also list the compatible memory for your system.