Temperature of your computer

fiveohnine

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2012
Okay so I am new to computer (technical wise) Just built my first one not even 6 months ago. But the question I have is, can your computer be too cool? for instance. My computer has a front fan a back fan and the cpu cooler. But my uncle and his friend have like 6 fans. My uncle just got his new computer case that came with 2 or three fans he also is put in more fans and one too many. By one too many I mean he is drilling more holes. Is this even necessary? Also his friend has even more fans thatn. Plus a two fanned cpu. He said his cpu is sitting at 6 C I would think thats a little too cool?

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
6C is equal to less than 43F! Is he keeping his PC in a refrigerator? It can't get any lower than room temp unless he's using liquid nitrogen to cool it.

Some folks think the more fans they have, the better their PC looks. That may or may not be, but it definitely will be louder. If 2 fans keep your CPU, MB, and other components at safe temps, more fans are redundant. I have another PC with an FX-6300 @ 4.0GHZ (TX3 cooler) and 2 x GTX 660 O/C cards and just 2 x 120mm fans (intake/exhaust). Even under severe stress testing the CPU never reaches more than mid 50Cs.