Prime95 results so far

sethwilliam

Honorable
Mar 23, 2013
Well I reapplied the thee pal paste. It made a reflect little circle around the center of the CPU.
Notes up and got a error. Clicked start windows normally. Took a few more seconds then usual but it got to the login screen.

sethwilliam

Honorable
Mar 23, 2013
After last nights reappliement of the thermal paste I checked temps and all cores are down by 10-15C so I guess I messed somthing up last time.

Core 0= 22C
Core 1= 34C
Core 2 = 21C
Core 3 = 22C

These are all idle temps. And yet again core 1 is about 10C hitter then the others. I just don't get it, maybe I got a bad core? Is there a way that I can find where on tge CPU core 1 is located?
Because when I apply the CPU it makes a circle at the center, doesn't cover the whole CPU just a medium sizes circle starting from the center.

sethwilliam

Honorable
Mar 23, 2013
Yeah I just read a article that since intel uses there new method temps vary on each CPU and some cores are hotter then others.

Ill run some prime95 again and check temps.
When should I stop the tests? What temp? Last time I stopped it when temps reached 75
Or is it safe to just let it go without watching it?

RobCrezz

Expert
Ambassador
Intel CPUs have brilliant thermal protection, so its very very very unlikely you could do any overheating damage, however I wouldnt want it to go above 80'c.

Try using Intel Burn Test. It hits it a little harder than prime95, but means you only have to run it for a few minutes rather than hours of Prime95. Bear in mind that temperatures will be higher than Prime95, and you will never get these temps in real world usage.

sethwilliam

Honorable
Mar 23, 2013
Well if the CPU will never reach these temps gaming or in normal use whats the point of making it go so high?
Just to check if it can handle it and it was put in right