Contoling PC with remote mouse, keyboard and screen over lan

Chrisfromafrica

Honorable
May 17, 2013
Hi Guys,

I hope someone can help me with this. . .

Esentially what I'd like to do is to operate my pc(that is located in my home office) over LAN from my lounge.

I want to buy a wireless mouse and keyboard and run my tv as my computer screen in the lounge - so I dont have to be in my home office all the time.

My lounge and office are very far apart but are connected via lan and I have routers in both.

Hope that makes sense - is there a way to do this?

Many thanks

Chrisfromafrica

Honorable
May 17, 2013

thanks bud, but. . .

As I understand these two programs only allow pc to pc - I will have no pc at the lounge. . .

I want to have a virtual pc there - maybe just a i/o hub that allows me to plug in a mouse, keyboard and hdmi and then have that hub communicate the i/o over the lan to the pc in the office?

They do make those devices mostly used for large corporate data center use but it will be MUCH cheaper to buy a cheap laptop and use the pc-pc solution. Mostly those other devices are used when the server does not have ILO fuction or you need a complete out of band solution. There may be simple ones but the ones we use that control multiple machines cost many thousands of dollars. The largest issue with these out of band solutions is the video need huge bandwidth.

Chrisfromafrica

Honorable
May 17, 2013

Many thanks - will go for a laptop then - cheers!